Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Ouch!

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hi ladies, any tips for an inverted nipple? I'm currently nursing my 12 day old daughter (my 3rd breastfed child) and after the initial pain and bruising went away I'm still having issues with my one nipple. I'm not sure if she just has a weaker latch than her brothers or what but it doesn't seem to be drawn all the way out when she's done and it's painful every time she sucks! Any advice? I use lanolin faithfully and we've tried different positions and switched to reusable cloth breast pads as well...
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Breast SHELLS. Not shields. Wear when you're not nursing. And try pumping a little before latching, or use a Latch Assist to draw out the nipple.

JenniL05
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Thanks! I'll look into the shells. I have been pumping quite a bit actually (I had to for jaundice and then just kept going since I'll be returning to work at 5 1/2  weeks pp anyway) and that doesn't seem to do much. The nipple comes out but she still doesn't want to latch on to it well, it's like it's half in/half out and she just chews on the sensitive part like she doesn't know what to do. :( She does have a great latch on my other side though so I don't get it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)