Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

where did the cloth diaper post go?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 12 Replies
I was going to tell you about flats. They are about one dollar a piece. You could invest like 80 bucks and have a good stash lol
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM
They deleted it cuz i posted an ad. Smmfh
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Flats?
WaffleHead
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Oh ok lol
Well you can buy some flour sack towels, they're what I use. There are folds or you can just fold them in half and then fold into thirds. Kind of like you fold a piece of paper.
At her age, you could get by on six covers. Amazon has some that are about six bucks a piece. Just search "one size diaper covers" on Amazon. So for about 65 dollars you can get enough to wash every two days. The great thing about flats is that they don't have buildup issues which happens with microfiber.
I love talking about cloth diapers lol. Ask away

Quoting mama-smurf:They deleted it cuz i posted an ad. Smmfh
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Inexpensive Cloth Diapering Tip Sheet

Good covers and prefolds are a great way to diaper your baby inexpensively. 
These are GOOD one-size covers for $8.95: http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=2271  To wash daily, I would get 2-3.  To wash every other day, I would get 4-6.  CottonBabies has free shipping.  I priced out kawaii covers and with shipping from theluvyourbaby vs. free shipping and a coupon code at cb, econobums are less expensive and better quality.
These are good prefolds: http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=51  Get 10 if you want to wash everyday, 20 if you want to wash every other day.  I would get the infant size b/c it's cheaper and you can just fold them into thirds and lay them in the cover.  This site has free economy shipping, which is still really fast.  There are coupon codes onhttp://www.retailmenot.com/ (search for cottonbabies) that will get you 5% off your order.
If you can't afford good prefolds and covers yet, I would get the covers.  You can put most anything absorbent in them: burp cloths, small towels, t-shirts, receiving blankets, wash cloths, wrap a microfiber towel in a cotton dish towel for night time(make sure that the microfiber doesn’t touch baby’s skin!), buy cotton sheets on clearance or from the thrift store and hem them into big squares to use for diapers.  Use wash cloths for wipes.  Stick with thin items that can be folded because they are much easier to get clean, especially at the laundromat or if washing by hand.  Then if you have some money, get a pack or two of cheap gerber prefolds at walmart.  If you go with the cheap prefolds, you might want to grab a pack of microfiber towels (from the carwash section of the auto department--$5) and you can fold those inside the prefolds to give you some more absorbing power--just make sure the microfiber doesn't touch baby's skin.  Then, as you have $$ available that you would have spent on disposable diapers, you can upgrade your prefolds, or not.

For a one-day stash, 3 covers=$25.50 when you take off the 5% coupon code.  12 gerber prefolds at walmart=$10.95.  12 microfiber towels at walmart=$5-$8.  You could have everything you need for $40 if you wash every night.  It is even less to start if you use receiving blankets or t-shirts if you don't have the money for the stuff at walmart.  That would mean you'd have all you need to get started for $25.50
WaffleHead
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Yes flats they are awesome.
Look up videos on YouTube on how to fold a flat diaper
I have a one year old, as of tomorrow :), and flats are what I use all the time. I have hemp doublers for at night.. I rarely touch my prefolds
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Thank u. I was soo upset this was gone. Im going to do prefolds. I looked It up and not sure but i need a snappi?

Quoting K8wizzo:

Inexpensive Cloth Diapering Tip Sheet

Good covers and prefolds are a great way to diaper your baby inexpensively. 
These are GOOD one-size covers for $8.95: http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=2271  To wash daily, I would get 2-3.  To wash every other day, I would get 4-6.  CottonBabies has free shipping.  I priced out kawaii covers and with shipping from theluvyourbaby vs. free shipping and a coupon code at cb, econobums are less expensive and better quality.
These are good prefolds: http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=51  Get 10 if you want to wash everyday, 20 if you want to wash every other day.  I would get the infant size b/c it's cheaper and you can just fold them into thirds and lay them in the cover.  This site has free economy shipping, which is still really fast.  There are coupon codes onhttp://www.retailmenot.com/ (search for cottonbabies) that will get you 5% off your order.
If you can't afford good prefolds and covers yet, I would get the covers.  You can put most anything absorbent in them: burp cloths, small towels, t-shirts, receiving blankets, wash cloths, wrap a microfiber towel in a cotton dish towel for night time(make sure that the microfiber doesn’t touch baby’s skin!), buy cotton sheets on clearance or from the thrift store and hem them into big squares to use for diapers.  Use wash cloths for wipes.  Stick with thin items that can be folded because they are much easier to get clean, especially at the laundromat or if washing by hand.  Then if you have some money, get a pack or two of cheap gerber prefolds at walmart.  If you go with the cheap prefolds, you might want to grab a pack of microfiber towels (from the carwash section of the auto department--$5) and you can fold those inside the prefolds to give you some more absorbing power--just make sure the microfiber doesn't touch baby's skin.  Then, as you have $$ available that you would have spent on disposable diapers, you can upgrade your prefolds, or not.

For a one-day stash, 3 covers=$25.50 when you take off the 5% coupon code.  12 gerber prefolds at walmart=$10.95.  12 microfiber towels at walmart=$5-$8.  You could have everything you need for $40 if you wash every night.  It is even less to start if you use receiving blankets or t-shirts if you don't have the money for the stuff at walmart.  That would mean you'd have all you need to get started for $25.50

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Im going to look up both flats and prefolds. What should i do with the pockets i have?

Quoting WaffleHead:

Yes flats they are awesome.

I have a one year old, as of tomorrow :), and flats are what I use all the time. I have hemp doublers for at night.. I rarely touch my prefolds

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

cottonbabies have prefolds and covers. you could always order extra prefolds and stuff the pockets (or sell the pockets)

WaffleHead
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM
sell them so you can buy your covers and flats or prefolds, whichever you want.
I would recommend boingos, snappis can become uncomfortable as baby gets bigger. Our you can do like all the other lazy moms like myself, and just trifold lol

Quoting mama-smurf:Im going to look up both flats and prefolds. What should i do with the pockets i have?

Quoting WaffleHead:Yes flats they are awesome.

WaffleHead
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Also, I'm going to speak my bit about microfiber lol
It is absorbent, but it is so annoying lol
It's synthetic and there are buildup issues that can be difficult to get rid of.
If you go with flats, which are even cheaper then prefolds, they never stink. Ever!
Also, the birdseye flats on cottonbabies.com are much smaller than regular flour sack towels. I have the birdseye ones and some flour sack ones from target. I grab the ones from target all the time. Target 's are also cheaper. A dozen on cottonbabies will run you 19 dollars. Our you can buy three packs of for four 12 dollars. It's all your preference.
Prefolds come clean easy too and they are sturdy. With flats you change about every two hours which isn't a big deal honestly. Prefolds can go longer but I never go over an hour and a half between changes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)