Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
Om. I'm adking for a friend and I need info kinda quick and I know you ladies flipping rock so here goes... Her son is 7-8 mos old and had a flu shot uesterday am. Now he's puking everything up. Is this a normal reaction? She said he has a little bit of a rash on his face but I suspect that might be from the forceful vomitting. Hes emptied his belly and is still dry heaving. Really I'm just not sure this is a normal reaction at all. The on call nurse said it was but I've never heard of it.... Ladies??! Experience?!
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Replies (11-16):
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM
He could have gotten a stomach virus anywhere. Incubation time is usually about 36 hours which is why people almost always seem to start showing symptoms at night time. Because you catch it during the day, 24 hrs would be the next day and then those next 12 fall into the night. It never seems to fail that kids always come into your room at 2am with puke all over them! Its more likely her son has a virus than this type of reaction to the flu shot

Quoting GoldenLinds:Makes sense. Hence the reason a house will suddenly break out in vomitting within an hour of each other:-/

Quoting mostlymaydays:Stomach viruses can hit crazy fast. As soon as the virus enters the GI system the body can become immediately hell bent on getting it out.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

All excellent questions ladies. Hes been vomitting since last night. 4 times before she called the nurse. Finally got him to sleep. Hes not up yet. I believe he had the shot and not the mist but I will double check. I know he hasn't had any new foods in weeks. I'd be kinda surprised though if he was sick that quick from something he came in contact with at the office.
Hottubgodess
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM

The flu shot is a shot of poison, IMO.  She needs to call her pedi immeditely

I'm not crazy....I have two boys.....roflmbo....

I love my Sensational DS1 and my Boysterous DS2...both born preemie, full term breastfed, until they self weaned.  I am a Lactivist, a CubScout Den Leader, Self employed, and still take the time to be my Children's Attachment Parenting Mom and my DH's Girlfriend.  My DH is my best friend. :)

Medications and Mother's Milk Group - Group Owner

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Looks lile it was a stomach bug made worse by the flu shot since she came down sick this evening. I agree. I try to keep a 10mile radius away from those things. I hate them.

Quoting Hottubgodess:

Hottubgodess
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM

How scary.  If she is nursing, tell her to nurse as much as possible, and do not give pedialyte.  :)  If she is on formula....then tell her to go by what the doc says. 

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Looks lile it was a stomach bug made worse by the flu shot since she came down sick this evening. I agree. I try to keep a 10mile radius away from those things. I hate them.

Quoting Hottubgodess:

Indy3000
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM

and this is why my kids aren't going to get the flu shot... I always here bad things about it , regardless if it is an adults perspective or seeing a lot kid be sick from it

Analugojana
by Christine on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I almost died because of the nasal vaccine. My absolute worse flu, which required hospitalisaton. Never again, not for my children either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)