Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
Hi ladies
My son is 14 months old and currently still is breastfeeding . My husbands side of the family are always harassing me about getting him off of my boob...they believe that he's way to old to still be breastfeeding...and he hasn't shown any signs of weaning.... when do you think a baby is to old to still be breastfeeding?
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Replies (41-47):
Tuushie
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this
BTW when my MIL asked me I just laughed & told her, don't worry, sometime before college, I promise! She was sufficiently shocked enough to never ask again ;)
friendlymom48
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Eh...I think for the most part it's up to mom and baby. For me personally one year was enough.
motherslove82
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Either when they decide that they don't want to nurse any more or when you are no longer comfortable or when you are ready to stop. My husband's family was the same way. Ignore them. It's none of their business.

kmqw229
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I never knew that! Interesting!

Quoting MissSarah04:

When the baby teeth, aka milk teeth, fall out they lose the ability to latch. Then I suppose they are too old. My DD is 19.5 months and we will nurse until she chooses to stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samantha877
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I also am breastfeeding my ds and he is 14 months and he is also showing no signs of stopping. I also have been told that he's to old. But he my child no one else's. You know what's best for your baby. If you want to stop its only your choice to do so. Good luck with everything

. Good 

CorCrox
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM
My 15 month old only nurses one time a day (before bed for the night) and I don't think he would even notice if I stopped offering. But I want to nurse as long as he still will.
tigerlily75
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Gotta love the in-laws devil if you can do baby led weaning go for it....seems alot easier on you and baby. Im going to start to wean around 11 1/2 months from the daytime/at work feedings simply because im looking for a new job and I wont be able to nurse her on my lunch breaks anymore. But plan on continueing to nurse on demand at home or at least until I start to dry up. I'm also ready to start weaning as I have exceeded my goal of 6 months...but I will miss parts of it that's for sure.

My daughter likes to nurse but is so busy at daycare and likes solids so she doesnt seem to want to nurse as much at daycare.  She will drink my bm if I pump or water. She rarely drinks formula, she doesn't like it. As far as family goes I have to deal with that too....try to ignore or tell them its you and your baby's personal business. My MIL keeps saying how my dd will stop being so 'attached' to me when she stops nursing. My dd went through strange anxiety at 8 months but it only lasted a month and its funny that she goes to almost anyone now and STILL nurses....I say IGNORE  IGNORE IGNORE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)