Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

if you got pregnant with another while still nursing, question!!

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 23 Replies

i am ttc. my cycle started up when my daughter was 11 months old. she is 18 months now, and im still nursing. well we tried for another and my period is due on sunday. 

with my first pregnancy, i had obvious pregnancy symptoms; sore boobs and brownish discharge (implantaion bleeding, 5 days before period was due)

well i feel like we tried perfect timing, two nights in a row. obviously i know most people dont get pregnant with their first try, but i have no symtpoms! never implantation bleeding. and no sore boobs.

im wondering if i wouldnt have sore boobs anymore since im nursing and they are a size C now instead of A lol 

I know i will find out sunday, but im so impatient and i just feel so sure that im not pregnant now lol

were your early pregnancy symptoms different with each pregnancy? did you have any symptoms at all?

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:32 PM

BUMP!

CheesyKitty
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I caught my 2nd egg after af came back. My symptoms were worse than with my first. I took a test before my missed period because I just felt "off" I started puking consistently 3 days later.
cp428
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I have never been super in-tune with my body, so when I was ttc for my first baby, I was sure I'd have no clue when it happened. Surprisingly, I just "knew" within a day or two, and I did have sore boobs, so I was pretty positive a week before I could even test. With my 2nd pregnancy, I had no signs and I was convinced that we hadn't been successful that month until my period was late & I got a positive home pregnancy test. So it's entirely possible your symptoms could be different this time. Good luck!

Pepe22
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM

exactly what i wanted to hear :) thanks! though i know this doesnt mean I'm pregnant, i don't feel completely hopeless. this is the first time we have ttc ever in our life. lol dd wasnt quite on purpose. but i have heard most people dont succeed their very first try. im excited to try though!

Quoting cp428:

I have never been super in-tune with my body, so when I was ttc for my first baby, I was sure I'd have no clue when it happened. Surprisingly, I just "knew" within a day or two, and I did have sore boobs, so I was pretty positive a week before I could even test. With my 2nd pregnancy, I had no signs and I was convinced that we hadn't been successful that month until my period was late & I got a positive home pregnancy test. So it's entirely possible your symptoms could be different this time. Good luck!

cemcnair
by Courtney on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I was just suddenly EXHAUSTED! Falling asleep standing up exhausted.
But other than that, no super early signs. Sore boobs did happen a couple weeks later...
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:03 PM
I didn't have any noticable symptoms. He was 13 months when I got pregnant and I didn't know for about two months. I attributed the nursing aversions to plain annoyance because he was doing the drive bys. I thought the implantation bleeding was just a short period caused by the depo provera shot I had just gotten. The morning sickness that I got started at the same time my husband and son got colds, so I thought I was sick. Since I hadn't been getting regular periods I didn't know I was pregnant when I didn't get one, especially since most women stop getting periods on depo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:18 PM

You are the first person I've ever seen admit to implantation bleeding. I've heard it talked about but never actually an account of getting it!

It's very common for there to be no symptoms. In fact, one of my best friends got pregnant at six weeks postpartum and had NO symptoms. She only learned she was pregnant through an ultrasound for gallstones.

Pepe22
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:28 PM

okay so as of wednesday evening i have had this...but i thought it might be the result of me staying up too late on my new macbook pro...i usually stay up late but just recently started college so i actually have to wake up in the morning. obviously i hope i feel this tired because of a pregnancy! :)

Quoting cemcnair:

I was just suddenly EXHAUSTED! Falling asleep standing up exhausted.
But other than that, no super early signs. Sore boobs did happen a couple weeks later...

Pepe22
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM

my implantation bleeding wasnt really BLOODY....no comparison to a period or anything. it was just brownish old blood color discharge on my pantiliner(i always wear pantiliners just cuz i feel cleaner :/ lol ) but i realized it was implantation bleeding when i found out i was pregnant because it was right when the egg should have been implanting!

i really hope im just experiencing no symptoms and i am pregnant :) i will update this and let everyone know if i end up being pregnant or not!

Quoting gdiamante:

You are the first person I've ever seen admit to implantation bleeding. I've heard it talked about but never actually an account of getting it!

It's very common for there to be no symptoms. In fact, one of my best friends got pregnant at six weeks postpartum and had NO symptoms. She only learned she was pregnant through an ultrasound for gallstones.

JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I had iplantation bleeding with my 3rd and 4th children.  

I usually got the exhaustion first.  I've never had sore boobs from being pregnant. 

Quoting gdiamante:

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN