Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bottles while away at work..

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

I know this isn't for a bit..but I'm due with baby girl #3 in 9 DAYS, well that's her due date. i have a feeling she will be early.

So now from the group I learned not to pump until 6wks old. I wont be working until she is about 14-16wks old. I will be gone about 5hrs on saturdays and sundays, will pump at work at least once, feed baby before and after work..

I have regular Gerber bottles/nipples. Is that okay to use? Or should I get tommee tippee or something else more similar to the breast?

Thank you for all the info!

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM
That will be fine. You will learn that the best bottle to use is the one your baby will take! Sometimes that one doesn't exist.
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Only thing to add is to give caregiver info on bottle feeding from Kellymom. 1-1.25 oz/hr, no more than 3 oz at a time. (I personally did 2oz bottles every 3 hrs).
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Bottle choice is determined by BABY. What you've got is fine if baby likes it. Buy ONE of the bottle you intend to use. Let a caregiver try it when you're out of the house. If it works you have a winner and can buy more. If not, then try your second choice. And so on.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM

thanks ladies!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)