Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

she doesnt nurse to sleep

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 14 Replies
Like the boys always did. She nurses to sleep sometimes, but prefers to be rocked or worn in the wrap to fall alseep. My boys nursed to sleep like 99% pf the time, so this is very different for me.
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottubgodess
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:27 PM

And she may change.  :)  

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM
True :)

Quoting Hottubgodess:

And she may change.  :)  

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Aiden was like that at first and for a short time around six months. By the time she's out of the newbie stage it may change.
MamaPrime
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I know I will get lit up for this- but in my experience as a postpartum doula- more boys nursed to sleep than girls. Yes, I know it is a broad generalization and no two babies are the same. BUT I definately observed a high rate of boys nursing to sleep than girls and more girls wanted to nurse for food only-not just for comfort.

Heymamashakeit
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM
My DD always nursed to sleep. My Q is, how in the world do you get baby out of the wrap, still asleep, and stay asleep?
cemcnair
by Courtney on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM
My second wont either, but it's ok :)
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:14 PM
That's how my dd was too. She stopped nursing at 13mo... :(
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM
You know, i was wondering this! I know it may be a generalization, but are boys morr attached to nursing than.girls?

Quoting MamaPrime:

I know I will get lit up for this- but in my experience as a postpartum doula- more boys nursed to sleep than girls. Yes, I know it is a broad generalization and no two babies are the same. BUT I definately observed a high rate of boys nursing to sleep than girls and more girls wanted to nurse for food only-not just for comfort.

Katt709
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My 2nd didn't either. It was frustrating at first. But he just wanted to be held in your chest and patted until he fell asleep. Once I figured that out it was perfect. This one -our 3rd- nurses to sleep most if the time and I find it much easier!
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Lol, i lay her down with the wrap still on her. I loosen it, come down with her and sneak my head out. Lol

Quoting Heymamashakeit:

My DD always nursed to sleep. My Q is, how in the world do you get baby out of the wrap, still asleep, and stay asleep?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)