Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Like the boys always did. She nurses to sleep sometimes, but prefers to be rocked or worn in the wrap to fall alseep. My boys nursed to sleep like 99% pf the time, so this is very different for me.
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Replies (11-14):
Heymamashakeit
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Ah yes the ninja approach. Well done. Lol

Quoting Precious333:

Lol, i lay her down with the wrap still on her. I loosen it, come down with her and sneak my head out. Lol

Quoting Heymamashakeit:

My DD always nursed to sleep. My Q is, how in the world do you get baby out of the wrap, still asleep, and stay asleep?

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Yeah, i miss not working to get baby to sleep, especially at night when i want to just lay down.

Quoting Katt709:

My 2nd didn't either. It was frustrating at first. But he just wanted to be held in your chest and patted until he fell asleep. Once I figured that out it was perfect. This one -our 3rd- nurses to sleep most if the time and I find it much easier!

amandaut99
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I wonder this too. My son was attached to my boob - often nursing for 30-45 minutes at a time. Anytime he cried, nursing calmed him down. My daughter nurses for like 5-10 minutes tops and screams if milk comes out when she is full. She responds well to rocking to put her to sleep but nursing does too. 

Quoting Precious333:

You know, i was wondering this! I know it may be a generalization, but are boys morr attached to nursing than.girls?

Quoting MamaPrime:

I know I will get lit up for this- but in my experience as a postpartum doula- more boys nursed to sleep than girls. Yes, I know it is a broad generalization and no two babies are the same. BUT I definately observed a high rate of boys nursing to sleep than girls and more girls wanted to nurse for food only-not just for comfort.

MamaPrime
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I think they are more comforted by the food and warmth nursing provides than girls are. Just like the one phrase goes "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" I kinda think that applies to babies too. 

Quoting Precious333:

You know, i was wondering this! I know it may be a generalization, but are boys morr attached to nursing than.girls?

Quoting MamaPrime:

I know I will get lit up for this- but in my experience as a postpartum doula- more boys nursed to sleep than girls. Yes, I know it is a broad generalization and no two babies are the same. BUT I definately observed a high rate of boys nursing to sleep than girls and more girls wanted to nurse for food only-not just for comfort.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN