Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
Like the boys always did. She nurses to sleep sometimes, but prefers to be rocked or worn in the wrap to fall alseep. My boys nursed to sleep like 99% pf the time, so this is very different for me.
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Replies (11-14):
Heymamashakeit
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Ah yes the ninja approach. Well done. Lol

Quoting Precious333:

Lol, i lay her down with the wrap still on her. I loosen it, come down with her and sneak my head out. Lol

Quoting Heymamashakeit:

My DD always nursed to sleep. My Q is, how in the world do you get baby out of the wrap, still asleep, and stay asleep?

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Yeah, i miss not working to get baby to sleep, especially at night when i want to just lay down.

Quoting Katt709:

My 2nd didn't either. It was frustrating at first. But he just wanted to be held in your chest and patted until he fell asleep. Once I figured that out it was perfect. This one -our 3rd- nurses to sleep most if the time and I find it much easier!

amandaut99
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I wonder this too. My son was attached to my boob - often nursing for 30-45 minutes at a time. Anytime he cried, nursing calmed him down. My daughter nurses for like 5-10 minutes tops and screams if milk comes out when she is full. She responds well to rocking to put her to sleep but nursing does too. 

Quoting Precious333:

You know, i was wondering this! I know it may be a generalization, but are boys morr attached to nursing than.girls?

Quoting MamaPrime:

I know I will get lit up for this- but in my experience as a postpartum doula- more boys nursed to sleep than girls. Yes, I know it is a broad generalization and no two babies are the same. BUT I definately observed a high rate of boys nursing to sleep than girls and more girls wanted to nurse for food only-not just for comfort.

MamaPrime
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I think they are more comforted by the food and warmth nursing provides than girls are. Just like the one phrase goes "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach" I kinda think that applies to babies too. 

Quoting Precious333:

You know, i was wondering this! I know it may be a generalization, but are boys morr attached to nursing than.girls?

Quoting MamaPrime:

I know I will get lit up for this- but in my experience as a postpartum doula- more boys nursed to sleep than girls. Yes, I know it is a broad generalization and no two babies are the same. BUT I definately observed a high rate of boys nursing to sleep than girls and more girls wanted to nurse for food only-not just for comfort.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)