Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Terrible headache during menstration and low supply

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been getting horrible headaches for months during menstration and also have an extremely low supply for about a week. My son is 2 and drinks other fluids so that's not really a huge issue anymore. I found a solution in case it's happening to any of you other moms. On kellymom, she suggests taking a 1500calcium/500 magnesium supplement. It's amazing, I have no headache and milk flow seems to be good. Wish I knew about it 2 years ago. Hope this helps someone on here!

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Also making sure you are super hydrated before that time will help too.
poosey08
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Thanks, I try to do that too! Will pay extra close attention to it next time!

Quoting Junebaby18:

Also making sure you are super hydrated before that time will help too.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Yep. I always recommend calcium/magnesium supplements when someone asks about a possible cycle related supply dip. I never experienced the supply dip, but I do get migraines. I'm going to look into taking it for that.

poosey08
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Yes, definitely look into it! Found lots of good articles on pinterest. Hope you get relief, those headaches are the worst!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Yep. I always recommend calcium/magnesium supplements when someone asks about a possible cycle related supply dip. I never experienced the supply dip, but I do get migraines. I'm going to look into taking it for that.

GoodyBrook
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Amber Necklaces are supposed to work with adult-size headaches in addition to baby teething pain...

poosey08
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Are you still nursing or do these headaches cure themselves after breastfeeding is done?

Quoting aehanrahan:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Johnathan does nurse occasionally, but I was getting the headaches years before I was pregnant with him.
Imitrex is the only thing that has helped.
Quoting poosey08:

Are you still nursing or do these headaches cure themselves after breastfeeding is done?

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I have been wondering about getting myself one. Maybe I'll really look into it. I think there's someone local who sells them.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Amber Necklaces are supposed to work with adult-size headaches in addition to baby teething pain...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poosey08
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Definitely! Those headaches are brutal!!

Quoting aehanrahan:

I have been wondering about getting myself one. Maybe I'll really look into it. I think there's someone local who sells them.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)