Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Pacifier

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 9 Replies
Well it's the evening and the cluster feeding fussiness started...
She won't latch, and if she does she gets mad... Typical...
This night hubs says lemme hold her, plops a binky in her mouth and problem solved.... Should I pump... Should I just let it go? It's only 730 pm here. Her diapers are good, she ate nicely about 530-6. So yeah. I'm sure she isn't hungry... She's 6 weeks old btw.
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

There's no reason to pump unless you miss a feeding. You're following her demand. so you're not missing a feeding.

Andy15
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM
That makes sense. Thanks!

Quoting aehanrahan:

There's no reason to pump unless you miss a feeding. You're following her demand. so you're not missing a feeding.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't. But make sure you watch for early hunger cues... hands to the mouth and such. Make sure you aren't using the paci to "hold her over" from nursing.
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Pacifier or not, she will always want to eat when hungry. Maybe she just needed comfort instead. I would pump if I could just because it never hurts to have extra on hand. Pumping also benefits your supply if a decrease in supply is a concern. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much. A baby's needs will change, and your body will change to accomodate those needs.

Preebz
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes baby's won't latch bc they have gas and are uncomfortable. Don't sweat it though. Like others have said, when she's hungry, she will eat. Let us know if the problem progresses!

Andy15
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Yes gas! That is exactly what it must have been... Every night she get fussy and noisy bc I of gas I assume. She became fine lady night when I side nursed, but I didn't burp her and she spat up.... Silly me!

Quoting Preebz:

Sometimes baby's won't latch bc they have gas and are uncomfortable. Don't sweat it though. Like others have said, when she's hungry, she will eat. Let us know if the problem progresses!

Heymamashakeit
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Babies have a "fussy period" almost each evening. They're just fussy for no reason and its just them being them.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
The most common cause of gassiness and spitting up is overactive letdown and oversupply. Changing positions so she isn't under the breast to decrease the force of the flow into her mouth will help.

Quoting Andy15:

Yes gas! That is exactly what it must have been... Every night she get fussy and noisy bc I of gas I assume. She became fine lady night when I side nursed, but I didn't burp her and she spat up.... Silly me!

Quoting Preebz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andy15
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Good idea! I'll have try the reclined position. I have big breast so she's always under! Lol

Quoting aehanrahan:

The most common cause of gassiness and spitting up is overactive letdown and oversupply. Changing positions so she isn't under the breast to decrease the force of the flow into her mouth will help.

Quoting Andy15:

Quoting Preebz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN