Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Normal?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

DS is 7 months. Recently he has gone from nursing 2 or 3 times a night (since birth) to 7 or 8. Is this normal? He is teething, just popped his first 2. Just needing a little reassurance. DH said today that DS looked tired and he ought it was "because he is too hungry to sleep well". Mehhh

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds pretty normal to me.  My daughter always nursed more, especially at night when she was teething.

ninastone
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:21 AM

BUMP!

jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I think so. Babies tend to switch it up a lot. I would expect a lot of night nursing if he's busy all day.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
You may need to remind him to nurse more during the day. But teething definitely affects nursing patterns, and it may be more comfortable for him at night. I'll bet he's more mobile during the day, too!
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
There are some tips on askdrsears.com on how to gently try to get your baby to sleep more at night. Such as: nurse more during the day. Use only one breast in the hours leading to bed time (because hind milk is more fattening. Make sure you nurse before you go to sleep even if it's twilight nursing... some really good non CIO pointers. After saying that I must say I'm pretty sure most of our babies have been through this stage. GL momma!
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Very normal. Growth, activity, changes in appetite... All normal.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:32 AM

COmpletely normal.

Lovin_mybaby5
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM

sounds normal to me..he might be going through a growth spurt

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)