Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to track cycles while ebf

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 27 Replies
I'm going on 3 wks pp with my fourth baby but this is my first I've ebf. With the others my period returned and I tracked my cycles then. I know for ones who ebf their period does not return for months. I also know some who got pregnant without having a regular period yet. I am wanting to track to avoid getting pregnant again yet. So this may be a dumb question but what else can be done to track cycles while ebf other than watching for my period? Also is there an average regular time ovulation begins again or is it random?
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I'm watching this post !!  (But for other reasons, as I'd love to conceive as soon as DS2 is 10 months old).

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Every time is normal. Some start at 6 weeks, some not for 2 years or more. Some can go from pregnancy to nursing to pregnancy without even having a period.
kspear0120
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:39 AM

that is what I thought

Quoting Junebaby18:

Every time is normal. Some start at 6 weeks, some not for 2 years or more. Some can go from pregnancy to nursing to pregnancy without even having a period.

kspear0120
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:43 AM

ha yes tracking has more than one purpose :)  GL!  we are wanting to wait a bit ideally since we had 4 back to back and my last two were vba2cs

I know you can track temperature and cervical fluid but I didn't know how accurate it was while ebf

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I'm watching this post !!  (But for other reasons, as I'd love to conceive as soon as DS2 is 10 months old).

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

My last was a VBAC, too!  (I recognize you from over in the VBAC Moms group).

I'd like to have another baby relatively soon, as I'm still in the fighting mood.  And we both know what a fight it is to "be allowed" the birth we VBACin' mamas desire! 

Quoting kspear0120:

ha yes tracking has more than one purpose :)  GL!  we are wanting to wait a bit ideally since we had 4 back to back and my last two were vba2cs

I know you can track temperature and cervical fluid but I didn't know how accurate it was while ebf

Quoting GoodyBrook:

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Well....you can't really.  I mean, you sort of can, but you also can't track what isn't there.  If you don't get a period back for 10 months, then, there isn't anything to track. BUT, you will ovulate before you get said period, whether it's at 2 months, 5 months, 10 months, etc.  But even when you do get your first period back, that is no guarantee that you will then have a regular cycle.  You could get one period and then not have another one for a couple more months.

kspear0120
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:19 AM

yes i get that there might be semi pointless tracking for a while just curious what method is best when a period isnt there.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Well....you can't really.  I mean, you sort of can, but you also can't track what isn't there.  If you don't get a period back for 10 months, then, there isn't anything to track. BUT, you will ovulate before you get said period, whether it's at 2 months, 5 months, 10 months, etc.  But even when you do get your first period back, that is no guarantee that you will then have a regular cycle.  You could get one period and then not have another one for a couple more months.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM
We avoided or used protection anytime that there was cervical fluid.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Cervical position is also very telling. Soft, high, open, and wet means that you are potentially fertile.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:07 AM
2 moms liked this
I tracked cervical fluid as well as cervical position, firmness and openness. With my 4th baby here, I got my first ppaf when she was 26 months old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)