Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sippy?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM
  • 30 Replies
Posts in my due date group got me thinking. Should i feed Autumn more baby food than once a week? Should i give her sippy cup? Water? juice?(i hate juice. So much sugar. Other 2 kids dont drink it) She is 7 months old.
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:44 PM
She really doesn't NEED more solids, but you can give it to her once a day if you want. Always give it after a full nursing session. You can give her 1-2 oz of water in a sippy and if she drinks it good, if not that's fine too.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Ok because i wasnt sure if i was holding her back and making her behind. I seen people post pics or comments of all the food their kids eat, varieties and more. i dont want to deprive her.

Quoting Junebaby18:

She really doesn't NEED more solids, but you can give it to her once a day if you want. Always give it after a full nursing session. You can give her 1-2 oz of water in a sippy and if she drinks it good, if not that's fine too.

ceckyl
by Kyla on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Nope. You're not holding her back. My almost 9 month old has never had solids or water.
AMRios
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I do not do sippy cups until 1 and then that is all they get... No more bottles... I do feed baby food though... breakfast lunch and dinner... I have an 8,6,3 and 1 year old and they still do not drink juice... Milk or water...

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM
At that age ds got a straw cup with water during breakfast (the only meal he got every day) and if he had a snack. He ate breakfast with me. He only had juice during a phase where he was having trouble pooping after his grandparents gave him too much rice. He also got bm in his straw cup if I wasn't home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ekh2010
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:03 PM

are the straws better than the hard plastic or nuby silicone tops? how much bm do you put in it? dnt want to waste the good stuff...ds is 5mo and trying to decide sippy or more bottles

Quoting polkaspots:

At that age ds got a straw cup with water during breakfast (the only meal he got every day) and if he had a snack. He ate breakfast with me. He only had juice during a phase where he was having trouble pooping after his grandparents gave him too much rice. He also got bm in his straw cup if I wasn't home.

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I like straws better because it teaches them to sit up and drink. I had such a hard time getting dd off the bottle because she started with a sippy. Ds is eighteen months and using a regular cup already. I started with water for the most part and he only got milk when I was out, which wasn't very often. I had to ask dh how much and he said about four ounces at a time because the kid would only drink half the cup.
Most of the time he got water in his cup, so that was how he learned to use it. That's what I would suggest for you to do. Keep doing the milk in bottles and give water when you start solids. He was only drinking about an ounce a day of the water, but he learned how to use the cup. That was the goal.

Quoting ekh2010:

are the straws better than the hard plastic or nuby silicone tops? how much bm do you put in it? dnt want to waste the good stuff...ds is 5mo and trying to decide sippy or more bottles

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Ok thats a relief. With my other 2 i started them off VERY earlier. i regret it. Looking back omg im surprised theyre not very overweight and have problems. I got BAAAD advice. cereal and food in bottle at 2 months, overloading formula bottles, off formula by 10 months. :-(

Quoting ceckyl:Nope. You're not holding her back. My almost 9 month old has never had solids or water.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Autumn doesnt take a bottle. She gets it from the tap.o

Quoting AMRios:

I do not do sippy cups until 1 and then that is all they get... No more bottles... I do feed baby food though... breakfast lunch and dinner... I have an 8,6,3 and 1 year old and they still do not drink juice... Milk or water...

ceckyl
by Kyla on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM
When you know better, you do better :)

Quoting mama-smurf:

Ok thats a relief. With my other 2 i started them off VERY earlier. i regret it. Looking back omg im surprised theyre not very overweight and have problems. I got BAAAD advice. cereal and food in bottle at 2 months, overloading formula bottles, off formula by 10 months. :-(

Quoting ceckyl:Nope. You're not holding her back. My almost 9 month old has never had solids or water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)