Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Could I be pregnant already?? Son is almost 5 months.

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 18 Replies

Omg, I think I may be pregnant and my son is only 5 months old! (almost 5 months) I am EBF from birth. I got my regular period back when he was only about 5 weeks old. I started taking the mini pill when he was about 6 weeks and having sex. I had a normal period for like 2 months, was taking my birth control as I should, etc. Then I just stopped having a period. I had some slight spotting about 2 months ago and I  thought my period would come but it hasn't. I stopped taking the birth control because I thought I may be pregnant ( I have taken other precautions to protect against pregnancy). Has anyone gotten pregnant while EBF such a young baby AND taking the mini pill? And is it normal for my period to come and then disappear like that?I can't get in to see my doctor right now so any help is appreciated! If you have any questions just ask me! :)

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM

We've seen it more than once. However, irregular is the new regular for you.

Test in the morning to be sure.

WheelerWife
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:16 AM
My period took 10 months to come back when I EBF'ed my kids. With my dd I stopped bleeding after 10 days, then started again and then stopped again until she was 10 months. It wasn't spread out like period, but there were a few weeks between the just had a baby bleeding and the other bleeding. I was not on the pill though. Have you taken a pregnancy test?
JamieBue38
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Yeah take a test with your morning pee! My friend get prego at 4 or 5 months, on purpose.
melindabelcher
by mel on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:41 AM
go to the dollar store($1) or walmart(88ยข)and grab 2 tests, one for now and one for first thing tomorrow am.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Testing is needed ASAP!! And unfortunately yes you could be pregnant. However periods can also be pretty irregular while nursing. I got my period back at six months but my son is fifteen months now and I've just started being "regular" again.
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM

A mama in my ddg has a month old baby and her son hasn't even turned one yet.  She was on the mini pill and ebf

HungryForTruth
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Sorry, forgot to add in that I took a test 2 days ago and it was negative. I do not want to be pregnant again, lol, I have 4 (planned) already! But, if I am I will love it just the same. :) I just want my son to be my baby for as long as possible. I was just unsure about all of this because I EBF my other kids and my period came back and stayed with all of them. Thank you so much ladies for the help. I guess all I can do it wait, (very impatiently!) I'll post an update when I find something out for sure. :)

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep us posted!

Quoting HungryForTruth:

Sorry, forgot to add in that I took a test 2 days ago and it was negative. I do not want to be pregnant again, lol, I have 4 (planned) already! But, if I am I will love it just the same. :) I just want my son to be my baby for as long as possible. I was just unsure about all of this because I EBF my other kids and my period came back and stayed with all of them. Thank you so much ladies for the help. I guess all I can do it wait, (very impatiently!) I'll post an update when I find something out for sure. :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

If you tested negative give it a week and test again, BFing doesnt mess up tests

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

If you tested negative give it a week and test again, BFing doesnt mess up tests

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)