Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help!!

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM
  • 4 Replies
My son keeps biting me! I'm trying to catch him before he bites and either way unlatching him and saying "no biting", but I don't know what else to do! He's chomped me hard enough to bleed twice tonight alone and now I'm starting to get really bad anxiety about nursing but he's only 7 months (on Sunday) and I don't want to stop!
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Please search this group for my post WHEN BABIES ATTACK. It's linked on the resources sticky. Your strategies are there.

Radellia
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:28 AM
I went and read that one, I think I'd read it before and have been doing pretty much that! How long will it take him to learn??? If I don't manage to catch him, he bites down HARD and worse will pull away still clamped... He bit me a few times several weeks ago, but nothing painful, followed the unlatching him and such, haven't had another problem with it til today.

Quoting gdiamante:

Please search this group for my post WHEN BABIES ATTACK. It's linked on the resources sticky. Your strategies are there.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Quoting Radellia:

I went and read that one, I think I'd read it before and have been doing pretty much that! How long will it take him to learn???
As long as it takes. Remember, it's VITAL that he gets NO solids till he's nursed nicely. That will make the lesson quicker. You can also take it from three strikes to one strike.
If I don't manage to catch him, he bites down HARD and worse will pull away still clamped... He bit me a few times several weeks ago, but nothing painful, followed the unlatching him and such, haven't had another problem with it til today.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM
At first bite, end the feeding and put him in a confined, safe, not fun space for 5 minutes. No solids until he's nursed nicely.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)