Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how can I dry up my milk?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM
  • 32 Replies

I cant breastfeed because of the medications i am on and my milk came in today.  Its so painful!  How can i speed this drying process up?

baby growth

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Are you sure you can't?
missmamaof4
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Yeah:(  We tried switching to safer medicine but i ended up in the ICU with cluster seizures.  Epilepys meds are really tricky

Quoting Ptitchou:

Are you sure you can't?

baby growth

amberlyp
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Keeping cabbage leaves in your bra, binding your breasts with ace bandages, don't take hot showers, get on birth control
Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM
3 moms liked this
Ugh. Don't bind your breasts. Please. Really really don't.

Sage tea. Six times a day. Add a bit of honey to taste.

Hand express to comfort and no more.
svolkov
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM
I agree with not binding. Can cause some major issues.
missmamaof4
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Thank you!  Its been really hard realizing I cant breastfeed this baby.  I breastfed all 3 of my kids till they were 2.  Im a huge breastfeeding advocate.  So when my milk came in this time i have done nothing but cry off and on.  I just feel so useless now:( I know thats probably the baby blues but it still breaks my heart seeing all of this wasted breast milk!

Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:45 AM
May I ask which medication it is?

I know the feeling. :( hugs.

Quoting missmamaof4:

Thank you!  Its been really hard realizing I cant breastfeed this baby.  I breastfed all 3 of my kids till they were 2.  Im a huge breastfeeding advocate.  So when my milk came in this time i have done nothing but cry off and on.  I just feel so useless now:( I know thats probably the baby blues but it still breaks my heart seeing all of this wasted breast milk!

missmamaof4
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:56 AM

tegretol (spelling)

cymbalta (spelling)

Klonopin

vimpat 

and some blood pressure med, that i cant think of the name lol

Quoting Ptitchou:

Quoting missmamaof4:

baby growth

Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Yikes! Quite a combo!

The sage tea helped me out pretty quickly. Just to repeat, don't bind.

I'm sorry. Hope you're able to stop mourning. You can still have a meaningful bond, I know you know that. I remember feeling the same as you when I quit nursing my first. ((Hugs))

Quoting missmamaof4:

tegretol (spelling)

cymbalta (spelling)

Klonopin

vimpat 

Quoting Ptitchou:

Quoting missmamaof4:

missmamaof4
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:06 AM

i know it frickin sucks! All these meds are just ridiculous.  

We have been doing a lot of skin to skin bonding and when i feed her i try to have as much skin to skin as i possibly can.

Quoting Ptitchou:

Yikes! Quite a combo!

The sage tea helped me out pretty quickly. Just to repeat, don't bind.

I'm sorry. Hope you're able to stop mourning. You can still have a meaningful bond, I know you know that. I remember feeling the same as you when I quit nursing my first. ((Hugs))

Quoting missmamaof4:

tegretol (spelling)

cymbalta (spelling)

Klonopin

vimpat 

Quoting Ptitchou:

Quoting missmamaof4:

baby growth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)