Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Travel without older nursling

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 3 Replies

I would really really like to attend my friends wedding in november.  problem being my husband is saying he cannot go :( that leaves me with some decisions.  I can go completely by myself, but my concern is that my nursling will wean while i am gone.  or rather, not want to come back to the breast when i return.  i would be gone for 3 days.  he will be 15.5 mos at the time.  I really want to make it to 2 yrs.  But taking him creates more stress/issues.  DH will feel like i think he cannot handle both boys alone.  the older will feel left out.  if i take both then DH is even more hurt... and im not sure i can handle both of them by myself for 3 days now that theyre both walking.  :(  should i just suck it up and not go??

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Hard to predict. I once traveled on purpose to coerce the weaning of my then 2 year old. But with my youngest, I was apart from her for an entire week due to the hospitalization of an older child and she picked it up like I was never gone, for an additional 15 more months.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:32 AM

The problem is NOT the nursing. That's the least of your worries... baby will go back. Used to travel ten days at a time. NEVER had a problem and nursed to 26 months.

The real issue is whether you trust your husband to care for the boys in your absence. 

I'd go and not worry about it at all. Bring your pump, take a short break about every two hours to use it, done.

Emadele
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM
youre right. i think i just need to bite it and go. its probably more my issue than anything else. ive never been away from them except for one over night with DS1 and work.
Quoting gdiamante:

The problem is NOT the nursing. That's the least of your worries... baby will go back. Used to travel ten days at a time. NEVER had a problem and nursed to 26 months.

The real issue is whether you trust your husband to care for the boys in your absence. 

I'd go and not worry about it at all. Bring your pump, take a short break about every two hours to use it, done.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN