Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BFing and babywearing

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
I loved babywearing with my 2nd child and plan on doing so again with #3. However, I never really got the hang of breastfeeding in the sling at home. I was able to breastfeed a few times in our Boba (at Disneyland or while out and about), but not until she was older (about 4 months old). I have a ring sling and a stretchy wrap, and will be getting a woven wrap soon. Do you lovely ladies have any tips or insight for BF'ing while in a sling or wrap? When you're feeding and you need to do something, do you have to stop feeding to get baby in the sling, or is there a way to do it without interrupting the feeding? Can you feed in a wrap/sling while sitting down? Do you usually nurse with baby reclined, or upright? Thanks!!
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lovin_mybaby5
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I was wanting to know too..I love my moby and I would love to bf in it

Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM

/I dont really know how to describe it and I dont use a sling or wrap anymore but I had him carried like this (same for the ring sling and moby wrap) carried football style. 

This picture is of him eating. His arms are sititng funny cause I was sitting down with him in the sling when he started eating (so also yes, you can sit and nurse with it)

and here is a picture of him just asleep to give you a better idea of what it looks like when he just sits in it. Thats basically the same position. The baby is kind of reclined. I find that in a sling its impossible to do it straight up and down. That kind of position didnt work for me until he was bigger and only then in wraps and mei tais

so while youre baby is small like.. under 4 months I recommend reclined in the ring sling and then when they get a bit bigger Id do more of a facing you type thing in the wrap. You should check out youtube! Just search for nursing positions for wraps or slings. It was really helpful for me. 

Koux
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Thanks! Pictures are SO helpful.

Quoting Jujubee12:

/I dont really know how to describe it and I dont use a sling or wrap anymore but I had him carried like this (same for the ring sling and moby wrap) carried football style. 

This picture is of him eating. His arms are sititng funny cause I was sitting down with him in the sling when he started eating (so also yes, you can sit and nurse with it)

and here is a picture of him just asleep to give you a better idea of what it looks like when he just sits in it. Thats basically the same position. The baby is kind of reclined. I find that in a sling its impossible to do it straight up and down. That kind of position didnt work for me until he was bigger and only then in wraps and mei tais

so while youre baby is small like.. under 4 months I recommend reclined in the ring sling and then when they get a bit bigger Id do more of a facing you type thing in the wrap. You should check out youtube! Just search for nursing positions for wraps or slings. It was really helpful for me. 

WaffleHead
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Nursing in a mei tai works for all ages. You can get a nice one on Etsy for around fifty dollars. It's also very easy to get the hang of.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)