Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

home made moby wraps?? **UPDATE**

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM
  • 18 Replies
How much fabric and what kind do I need? Wraps aren't big around here, therefor our stores dont sell them so in order to get one I either have to make it or order... I figure I should make it since I need it asap, and it would save on shipping.

UPDATE- so my town has NO t-shirt or jersey knit material. I read that the moby is made of 100% cotton with one way stretch. So I go to our only actual fabric store and she has 1 PIECE, just happens to be blue (I have a boy) and 3 yards. So I went home cut it in half length wise sewed the edges and sewed the ends together and viola! I have a homemade Moby! Yes I'm pretty proud, however Eli and I ate still trying to figure it all out lol.
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carranzasfaith
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Personally I'm a plus size mom at 250lbs and only 5'4 so I bought 7 yards but I have some that just hangs. I bought a semi stretchy lighter weight fabric so its not too hot. This was taken back in may but it shows mine. :)
carranzasfaith
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Mobile Photo

More recent
queenb87
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I'm also 250 an 5'4" so 7 yards should work. Was it hard to make or learn to use?
Is it easy to nurse in?

Quoting carranzasfaith:Personally I'm a plus size mom at 250lbs and only 5'4 so I bought 7 yards but I have some that just hangs. I bought a semi stretchy lighter weight fabric so its not too hot. This was taken back in may but it shows mine. :)
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Easy to make, just cut your fabric in half vertically. Make sure you get a knit if you want a moby style wrap (stretchy). 100 percent cotton interlock or jersey work nicely. You can download the moby instruction manual from the moby site and it will show you how to use it.

Quoting queenb87:

I'm also 250 an 5'4" so 7 yards should work. Was it hard to make or learn to use?

Is it easy to nurse in?

Quoting carranzasfaith:Personally I'm a plus size mom at 250lbs and only 5'4 so I bought 7 yards but I have some that just hangs. I bought a semi stretchy lighter weight fabric so its not too hot. This was taken back in may but it shows mine. :)

queenb87
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM
How wide does it need to be before and after cutting?

Quoting K8wizzo:

Easy to make, just cut your fabric in half vertically. Make sure you get a knit if you want a moby style wrap (stretchy). 100 percent cotton interlock or jersey work nicely. You can download the moby instruction manual from the moby site and it will show you how to use it.

Quoting queenb87:

Is it easy to nurse in?

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:13 PM
I got 5 yards Jersey knit cotton
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Cut it right down the middle. It's already perfect then.

Quoting queenb87:

How wide does it need to be before and after cutting?

Quoting K8wizzo:

Quoting queenb87:

Is it easy to nurse in?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:14 PM
You can go online and buy a moby wrap.
queenb87
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I know thank you, but as stated in my post I need it asap. Like in next 3 days.

Quoting mama-smurf:

You can go online and buy a moby wrap.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM

The others covered everything. You will save a lot of money making your own and will end up with two.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)