Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Pregnant and nursing a toddler.

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my husband and I just found out the other day that i"m pregnant. We have a 20month old already so he will be around 2 1/2 when #2 gets here. I was hoping for some tips on breast feeding them both please.

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Nursing through pregnancy can hurt, try to distract yourself. Tandem nursing can be taxing in some ways, but it's wonderful for your older child to help with the transition.
I nursed my oldest for 37 months, through pregnancy, and tandem for 5.5 months. Bittersweet, but as of last week, I'll call him weaned.
cemcnair
by Courtney on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM
And congratulations!
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM
You can set limits if you need to with your toddler. I was happy to tandem since I had overactive letdown/oversupply when my decode arrived,; my first did a good job of taking care of the initial gush so my second wasn't overwhelmed. Kellymom.com should have some good information on tandem nursing.
jacsmama022
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Aww congrats! I'm sorry im no help though. I did nurse DD1 until I was 4mo along then I weaned her. She was turning 3 and I figured it was time lol.

She still asks for milk though when I pump lol.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Get the book adventures in tandem nursing.

I had bad nursing aversion at first when pregnant, if this happens to you dont eel bad, its normal!

My milk dried up around 12-13 weeks and I got colostrum 18-20 weeks my guys kept nursing but cut back.  Once baby came they nursed 1-2 times a day.  One guy weaned at 3.5 years 6 months after his brother was born.  With the next pregnancy the baby is now 7 weeks, and my 3.5 year old nurses 1-2 times a day but would nurse more if I let him.  But I have bad nursing aversion nursing him..it really sucks.

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I would have kept breastfeeding when I got pregnant when DS1 was 10 months, but he wouldn't take the breast anymore because the taste changed, so good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN