Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
I was fully prepared to NIP this time around (too chicken with DS1), but I never need to... I feel like I'm missing out on my chance to have a blanket thrown over my baby's head (just read that post).
For those of you that NIP, how often does your kiddo nurse? I can feed DS2 before we go out, and he won't be hungry until we get home (about three and a half hours is the longest we've been out).
Just curious why so many get to NIP, when I'd have to plan for it to happen.....

*Update* I have finally had the chance to NIP! I had to go out of town last week, and we stopped to eat. Since we were gone so long already (unplanned) it was time for DS2 to eat. I nursed him in Burger King! No one said anything. I'm not even sure if anyone noticed (two-shirt method). I also nursed him at church this afternoon, since there was a celebration afterwards. I also used the two-shirt method, and only one person said something. She told me I was doing a very good thing for my baby and that she fully supports me!
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Replies (11-17):
Joyeux3
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM
That's great!
graycalico
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM
He's insane! Lol

Quoting Corinnesingh:

I'm glad that u had a good experience, I haven't experienced it yet, due to the fact THAT I AM LOCKED UP IN THIS HOUSE! Dh insists that we should be out of the house till he is at least a month or two. Boy I am going nuts

graycalico
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I feed my baby all the timer everywhere. She doesn't usually go three hours w/o though. I'm looking forward to when she goes longer because my 2yo doesn't appreciate having to sit in the stroller waiting for her. He still nurses too but it's been a while since he wanted to while we are out.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Good job mama! If i get comments, they tend to be positive :)
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I nurse in public. All the time. I don't plan my outings around his feedings.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I don't drive, so when I'm out I used to have to nurse at least a few times. After he turned one I stopped nursing him before meals and now I only nip once or twice a week. The one time I always nip is on the train on the way to my parents' house. He takes his nap at the same time everyday, and one day a week we're just getting on the train at that time. He nurses to sleep.
I can leave my house at 7:30 to take dd to school and not go home again until 6pm. She's in pre-k and hasn't started with homework yet. Before then we would go out between 8-9am and not come home until 7-8. I've never been the type to sit around inside all day. I can do a little bit of laundry and cleaning every day after bedtime and before they wake up in the morning. There are just too many places to go and things to see to stay inside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM
That's ridiculous. My husband didn't even say that to me and ds was born in February. I think I took both kids food shopping within a week of coming home from the hospital with my second.

Quoting Corinnesingh:

I'm glad that u had a good experience, I haven't experienced it yet, due to the fact THAT I AM LOCKED UP IN THIS HOUSE! Dh insists that we should be out of the house till he is at least a month or two. Boy I am going nuts

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN