Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Why is it that............

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM
  • 40 Replies

When I bf the baby, he will go 3-4 hrs before his next feeding, but if  he is eating a 4 oz bottle of pumped milk he is hungry maybe 1-2 hours later... I don't mind, I have plenty of milk. I am just curious. And is 4 oz too much for a 2 week old. That's just what he sucks down so I give it..

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Remind me how old he is?
Tylersmom119
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Babies want (and need) to suck. It could be that your baby isn't hungry in 2 hrs but wants that time to suckle at the breast. He wants to be close to his mommy too. Forget the pump/bottles for now and spend some sweet snuggle time nursing baby :)
Corinnesingh
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Quoting Tylersmom119:

Babies want (and need) to suck. It could be that your baby isn't hungry in 2 hrs but wants that time to suckle at the breast. He wants to be close to his mommy too. Forget the pump/bottles for now and spend some sweet snuggle time nursing baby :)

Well I pump, because my dh is a truck driver, and it is our company so he is home maybe 1-2 days a week.. He took off a month to bond and give me time to heal. So I can get the rest I need, because soon I will be doing it alone, he wants to feed in the middle of the night. Don't get me wrong, I love snuggling, but I feel selfish to take that away from dh. He is the only one who can give a bottle.

CafeMom Tickers
Corinnesingh
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Remind me how old he is?

He is 2 weeks old.

CafeMom Tickers
shortyali
by Alicia on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
At 2 weeks in put the pump away for now. 4ozs is too big for any baby at any age. 3ozs max.

The first 6 weeks you are building your supply so don't pump and only nurse.
shortyali
by Alicia on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Make sure your waking up to pump at the time dad gives that bottle.

Honestly my husband hates feeding. He would rather change diapers or give baths because those they can play during.

Also be careful giving bottles this young so you can avoid nipple and flow preference. .

Quoting Corinnesingh:

Quoting Tylersmom119:

Well I pump, because my dh is a truck driver, and it is our company so he is home maybe 1-2 days a week.. He took off a month to bond and give me time to heal. So I can get the rest I need, because soon I will be doing it alone, he wants to feed in the middle of the night. Don't get me wrong, I love snuggling, but I feel selfish to take that away from dh. He is the only one who can give a bottle.

Corinnesingh
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I kinda can't put it away, I am pumping so dh has some bonding time with the baby, he is going back to work soon, and he won't be home for a while. He will miss out on ALOT. So I feel like he will be robbed of bonding with the baby. It is just 1-2 feelings.

Corinnesingh
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Well I had the problem with nipple preference and I used a nipple shield and it took care of the problem, then I have to kinda sneak it off mid feeding.. But it works out well. I am almost not having to use the shield at all anymore .

thamks for the advise. It is very helpful

Quoting shortyali:

Make sure your waking up to pump at the time dad gives that bottle.

Honestly my husband hates feeding. He would rather change diapers or give baths because those they can play during.

Also be careful giving bottles this young so you can avoid nipple and flow preference. .

Quoting Corinnesingh:

Quoting Tylersmom119:

CafeMom Tickers
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband has bonded with both our children and I breastfeed. He plays with them, gives baths, and changes diapers.  The youngest is almost 10 months and when he sees daddy he goes crazy and hollering for him.  

Quoting Corinnesingh:

I kinda can't put it away, I am pumping so dh has some bonding time with the baby, he is going back to work soon, and he won't be home for a while. He will miss out on ALOT. So I feel like he will be robbed of bonding with the baby. It is just 1-2 feelings.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Corinnesingh
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean any harm at all. But I am not having any problema with breast feeding at all, no latching problems or anything, I really was more curiouser if it was normal that he is hungrier quicker.. 

I wld love to not pump, but it's been working out ok, so I don't wanna take it away from dh now... 

Please remember all advise and comments are appreciated, I didn't mean this in a smart ass way at all... 

Quoting Mom2Just1:

My husband has bonded with both our children and I breastfeed. He plays with them, gives baths, and changes diapers.  The youngest is almost 10 months and when he sees daddy he goes crazy and hollering for him.  

Quoting Corinnesingh:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN