Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

For those who dont love breastfeeding

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 23 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM

It's a great post. There's NOTHING WRONG with disliking breastfeeding. 

Elyssa414
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I didn't like it. I did it for 18 months, but I didn't like it...
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I just had a mom in my due date group ask about it feeling guilty

AutymsMommy
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I don't like it either.

I nursed my middle son, who had health problems, for 3 years; now I'm nursing my 15 month old son and praying he'll stop soon (or I'm going to wean him - I can't do it much longer).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

goddiddlyumshis
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I follow her on fb. I LOVE her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM
I enjoyed it with my first, my second.... It sucked. And now #3, I'm loving it again. Although it sucks sometimes he wants to eat at the wrong times, but I wouldn't give it up for anything :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I loved nursing for that short period of time between pain and annoyance. The time period in between the healing and engorgment and the crazy nursing acrobatics and drive bys. It was a good couple of months, but quite short compared to the year and a half I've been nursing this one child. For me, the main reason I kept at it was convenience. When I got pregnant and started having nursing aversions, he had just turned one. I would not have felt guilty cutting him off at that point, but it wasn't worth the drama.
I knew all the possible problems and difficulties I could face before hand, but it didn't realize how uncomfortable it would be. I didn't realize that there were going to be many nursing sessions that I simply got through and didn't enjoy at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I don't know that I hate it, but I don't love it the way some seem too, lol

Matthew is 25 months and I actually do hate it now, mostly because I'm also 25 weeks and it freaking hurts so bad when he nurses

I do love the milk coma though :)
Succubus1987
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:20 PM
The last few months before i weaned my son (at 3 yrs lol) i hated it too.

Oh yeah the the milk coma is one of the perks lol.

Quoting comptonkids:

I don't know that I hate it, but I don't love it the way some seem too, lol

Matthew is 25 months and I actually do hate it now, mostly because I'm also 25 weeks and it freaking hurts so bad when he nurses

I do love the milk coma though :)
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I dont hate nursing at all, I hate PUMPING, I hate that when I am at work I have to take time out to pump..it not the act of pumping I dislike 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN