Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get time away from your little one?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 16 Replies

Do you get time away from your little one?

When my daughter was little-under 6 months, I didn't want to be away from her. It might have actually been closer to 9 months, even, lol. I took her everywhere with me. At some point though, I just had to go grocery shopping alone. It was nice having that hour of quiet, alone, me time. Now that's she's older, I go out every so often with friends for dinner.

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yessie.xo
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:05 PM
No she is with me 24/7 since she was born & she'll be 8 weeks old in a few days.
Autumn19
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Rarely and she's 21 month old
sweetieiv
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM
My DD is 5 months old and I do get time away from her. Ever since she was 8weeks old I have left her atleast for an hour. I just pump and leave her with her dad. I work now so I get 8 hours with out her.
hnischke
by Heather on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Does work count as alone time? Lol. If I'm not at work I'm home with the kids. Once every 2-3 weeks I go get my nails done and take some me time. That being said if I'm not home the kids are with dad. They've only been with a sitter a handful of times.
Rae706
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I occasionally go to the grocery store alone, not because I want to, but because I'm kind of a germaphobe and it freaks me out having him there...but then I worry the entire time I'm at the store that he is going to get hungry and GASP cry for five minutes while I drive home! LOL I don't know how new breastfeeding mom's get any alone time. 

BTW, I do have milk pumped when I leave him, I just really prefer to do it myself. 

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Not very often. I have 3 kids (almost 6, 4 and 12 months). Today I went out with just the baby. It was so different. I don't like being away from my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I go to spin classes at 5:30 am or run (on days DH isn't working) and I go to the gym for 45 min after work. That and work are my times "alone". Shopping, etc dd is always with me. My workouts are my only alone time to keep that as motivation.
chrissydan
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Never yet and dd is 12 months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Alli on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM

No. Alone time? What's that? LOL! I have a 4.5 year old and a 6 month old and there is no alone time in sight for the next 18 years. HA! ;-) 

o0laurie.love0o
by Laurie on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I run short errands or take my older girls to dance without the baby. Recently my husband and I had a date night and I was very worried about her going to bed without me. The sitter said she was a little firsty but not super upset. I've started a doula business and my first client is due any day now. It'll be my longest time away from her since she was born, but I know she'll be just fine! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)