Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How in the world are you supposed to stay modest when you're not used to humongous milk-filled boobs?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:27 PM
  • 16 Replies
I've always had a B or C cup but when I'm breastfeeding there is no way to keep the size D or E boobs hidden. I don't want to wear turtlenecks in the heat of Houston but I don't like showing cleavage either.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jadesmommy13
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Not much you can do to hide those melons. Lol do t-shirts not fit you? I have been wearing tank tops since I had my dd.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Do the 2-shirt method. Get a tank that has a stretchy arm or neck holes and wear under a regular shirt. Shirt goes up, tank goes down. Latch baby on. No need for nursing shirts that are usually very expensive. The tank covers your stomach/sides/back and the shirt covers the top of your boob and anything else.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM

THIS or get aline tank tops..mens wife beaters, and slit then with scissors near the nipple area and that works.  Thinner than the 2 shirt thing

Quoting Junebaby18:

Do the 2-shirt method. Get a tank that has a stretchy arm or neck holes and wear under a regular shirt. Shirt goes up, tank goes down. Latch baby on. No need for nursing shirts that are usually very expensive. The tank covers your stomach/sides/back and the shirt covers the top of your boob and anything else.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Do you mean just in general?  Or when you are NIP?  If just in general...I have no advice.  I have no problem showing cleavage.  I am normally a DD (when not nursing) so, you just get used to it.  If you mean NIP, I agree with the 2-shirt method.  You can pull one shirt up and leave one down.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM
I was a 38G when dd was a younger baby (before I lost weight) and the 2-shirt method worked great and showed nothing. Practice in front of a mirror until you're comfortable. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Do you put yourself before others? No? Then you're modest. The only modesty that counts, that is. **smile** Adam and Eve did NOT get in trouble for being naked.

Crew neck, jewel neck  and boat neck shirts. No V or scoop necks.

sweetieiv
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk girl but I'm wondering why am I the only breastfeeder whose boobs stayed same size:/ with my first baby they grew one size while breast feeding but when he weaned I lost that plus a size lol. I was a 36C almost D but went down to a B and now im a full c. Lets just hope I don't lose another size when the baby weans lol.
Summergale11
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Lol thanks y'all! The 2 shirt method sounds good. Sounds like I could keep then covered while NIP. At home I pretty much let them all hang out of my tank tops. ;)
sarasquiverfull
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Imagine breastfeeding twins. NIP is next to impossible, at least it is for me.
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I wear a 38f, I live in Houston, and I never have had a problem! I wear nursing tanks from Walmart and wife beaterish tanks from old navy. Tank goes up, nursing tank down :) I refuse covers! Too darn hot in this aweful state! I miss ohio ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)