Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Multiples

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

Anyone on here have experience bf twins or triplets? They are both heavy in my family and since hubby and I are having a hard time getting pregnant on our own we are seeking help from fertility docs and our chances of multiples is already more than average so we're getting prepared for whatever happens...lol.

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM
We have lots of twin moms in here and at least one who has successfully ebf triplets.
LiLsMaMa21
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Really?! That is amazing! I bf my dd for the first month but she HATED it!! Would not latch on and screamed every time I tried. I pumped a LOT and got very discouraged. Plus I was doing everything on my own and let people convince me to ff. I regret it sooo much and I don't care if I have five babies I'm bf this time!!!! lol

Quoting K8wizzo:

We have lots of twin moms in here and at least one who has successfully ebf triplets.

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM
My twins are 3 and still nursing. They've never had a drop of formula. In fact, they have been my easiest breastfeeding experience.
sarasquiverfull
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I am breastfeeding twins. They are almost 12 weeks. It wasn't easy and still isn't but we are doing it. So far I haven't needed to supplement with formula.
crazedmama06
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

My sister EBF triplets and still had pumped milk for weekends while she worked. :) one boy nursed until 13 months, 1st daughter nursed until 18 months, and 2nd daughter nursed until almost 3.5yrs.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

Really?! That is amazing! I bf my dd for the first month but she HATED it!! Would not latch on and screamed every time I tried. I pumped a LOT and got very discouraged. Plus I was doing everything on my own and let people convince me to ff. I regret it sooo much and I don't care if I have five babies I'm bf this time!!!! lol

Quoting K8wizzo:We have lots of twin moms in here and at least one who has successfully ebf triplets.

Classic reaction to overactive letdown/oversupply. Check kellymom.com for information on this. I believe she may also have information on nursing multiples.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Yep, there are quite a few moms who nursed twins. I nursed my twin boys into toddlerhood. No bottles or formula. 

LiLsMaMa21
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I did not know that but that makes sense. I was producing so much milk that I soaked the mattress =s

I know it may be silly but I want to learn as much as possible now so I don't get discouraged again. I'm not even pregnant yet and we've been trying so long I doubt it'll happen any time soon. But I want bfing to be the last thing I worry about and the best bonding experience.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

Quoting K8wizzo:We have lots of twin moms in here and at least one who has successfully ebf triplets.

Classic reaction to overactive letdown/oversupply. Check kellymom.com for information on this. I believe she may also have information on nursing multiples.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM

You can do it if it comes to it momma...dont give yourself any option

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)