Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

production problem?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 3 Replies
My family (my year old included) have recently gone through a 48hr stomach bug. Jr was vomiting up Thursday and my husband and I got it bad Saturday. Jr is still breastfed and he was vomiting Saturday after I fed him. I had it worse out of all of them. I was throwing up all day sat to the point of living in the bathtub. Now that all of us are over it I feel like I am not producing. My left breast is back to what feels like a normal non producing breast and my right one is starting to fill again. Every time I try and feed he gets fussy and about an hr later I finally let down and he can eat. Is this unbalance and lack of let down because I am still dehydrated from Saturday? I am concerned that I am drying up (they r not painful at all, just uneven lol) or that I am not producing enough for him. He is constipated from being dehydrated and sick too so I am trying to limit his people food intake until he is regulated again. Any suggestions?! Kind of scared...
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
auntkissy
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Drink lots of water! It's definitely dehydration. Carry a gallon of water around with you. Dehydration plays a huge part in your milk supply since the majority of your bm is water. Good luck, momma! Hope you all feel better very soon.
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I agree. Drink lots of water & your supply should adjust soon!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM

No need to be scared. Normal stuff. Keep drinking water. It's just from being sick and you'll bounce back. But DO NOT look for "filling" breasts. Milk is madfe while nursing. Feeling full is actually a bad thing. Tells the factory to slow down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)