Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Have you ever wondered what breast milk tastes like?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you ever wandered what breast milk tastes like? Have you ever tasted your own?

Options:

Yes, I've wondered but never tasted

Yes, I've wondered and tasted

No, never wondered

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 71

View Results

I know it's a silly question but I've actually wondered what it tastes like. DH says it's sweet tasting-don't ask, lol.

I've been tempted to pump just enough to taste but find it a little weird.

Have you ever tasted your own breast milk? Have you ever wondered what it tastes like?

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Yogamom08
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I taste mine all the time. If I am nursing and the other breast leaks a drop, I wipe it with my finger and put it in my mouth if neither the baby nor I have a pimple or scratch. Why waste it? Lol
Yogamom08
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
By the way, it doesn't taste like much. It just has a sweet taste.
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Yeah, my husband has been squirted with mine during sex too. I've tasted my own before, just out of curiosiy. Not to mention the fact that I was breastfed for the first two years of my life.

CafeMom Tickers

aidyns_mommy
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I've wondered, but I wouldn't taste it. DF did. I could never bring myself too. whatever it tastes like Ds LOVED it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitsun
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I tasted it second hand (mouth). Dh liked to have some during sex and then he'd share with me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this
It tastes like the milk left in the bottom of a bowl of frosted flakes. ;-) You want a shock? Try some formula.
Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM

That's how I describe it, but I wasn't sure of which cereal. Now I must go buy frosted flakes! :)

Formula is NASTY!

Quoting mostlymaydays:

It tastes like the milk left in the bottom of a bowl of frosted flakes. ;-) You want a shock? Try some formula.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Btw, I've tasted everything I've ever fed any of my babies. I never had butternut squash before I made it for one of my babies. I really like it!
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, lol. DF and I have both tasted my milk and that's exactly what it tastes like. :)

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlingsAndThings
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I agree. I had to use some in my coffee the other day. I was out of milk and can't do black ...

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Yep, lol. DF and I have both tasted my milk and that's exactly what it tastes like. :)

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)