Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Holy libido, Batman?!

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 31 Replies

Let's talk sex...

I know why breast feeding kills our sex drives, but how do you get it back? My DD is only 2 1/2 months and I can't go another 7months to a year feeling like this... I've tried taking it slow, lots of build up...and it just can't. What are some things you ladies have done to help your sex lives during the nursing years?

I don't want to hear "we just don't, my DH doesn't care" mine is very understanding and has been a sweety pie but I'm done feeling this way. Are there options? Has anyone tried Maca root powder or capsules? Any suggestions would be great lol

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shortyali
by Alicia on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I'm the same way for the first year pretty much after all 3 of my kids. DH isn't to happy but oh well.
I've talked to my OB about it and he said that because I'm nursing my body knows it's not ready to have another child so it kills my sex drive. After the first year when some babies start to slow down on nursin then your body starts to become ready for another baby so your drive goes back up. Not sure how factual that is but it seems reasonable to me.
Short_cake88
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Noooooooooooo I will find a way

K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Lots of lube and fake it till you make it--I think it's one of those things where the more you do it, the more you want to do it. So.... even if you're not in the mood, do it anyway and you should get there eventually. Formost women, it's the vaginal dryness caused by hormones and the overall exhaustion that gets them. Lube helps the dryness and if you want to do it that badly, you must have energy.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM
I should add, when my period came back, complete with fertile quality cervical fluid, so did my sex drive. Like, in a major way. I went on to nurse another 22 months after that.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I didn't have that issue, so idk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Short_cake88
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I just got the Depo shot about 5 weeks ago, when did you start BC and when did your period return? My daughter is almost 12 weeks and no period. No bleeding since week 3

Quoting K8wizzo:

I should add, when my period came back, complete with fertile quality cervical fluid, so did my sex drive. Like, in a major way. I went on to nurse another 22 months after that.

Short_cake88
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I didn't with my first :-( is your sex drive normally super high? Mines usually ridiculous lol

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM
No, not at all. I would have to say it's on the lower half of average usually with the exception of phases during pregnancy and sickness. I had no sex drive after my first was born, but I was single for the entire time I bf her. With ds I was married and had no issues.

Quoting Short_cake88:

I didn't with my first :-( is your sex drive normally super high? Mines usually ridiculous lol

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I don't have that issue.  My sex drive comes back within six months of having my children.

Short_cake88
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Hopefully ill level out soon...I think I'm touched out by the time it's "bow wow" time hahahaha this kid is on my boob constantly...I'm her passi, and her bottle. She'll only take the passi for her dad lol blaaaah. Thanks for letting me ask you personal questions lol

Quoting polkaspots:

No, not at all. I would have to say it's on the lower half of average usually with the exception of phases during pregnancy and sickness. I had no sex drive after my first was born, but I was single for the entire time I bf her. With ds I was married and had no issues.

Quoting Short_cake88:

Quoting polkaspots:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)