Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

when did you all start night weaning?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 20 Replies
We cosleep so I really don't need to night wean. She will eat like twice but I go right back to sleep when she latches. I get a full nights sleep every night lol
Just curious when others started.
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twogirl91
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM
My oldest only nursed until he was a year old and the night he weaned e started sleeping through the night. My second one is 15 months and still wakes up 2-3 times to nurse. I don't mind and I feel like if he's waking up to eat he must be hungry, because as soon as he's done he wants back in his crib.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:27 PM
20 months
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM

We haven't yet. He's 15 months old and still wakes like 3-5 times a night! We are co-sleeping as well so that might have something to do with it.

JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't, I just waited until they decided to stop waking up at night.

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I didn't. Mine both stopped around 18/19 months on their own. Then I started to transition them from my bed to their own bed in my room(from bedsharing to cosleeping, basically).
YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM
My oldest quit on his own at 9 months. I night weaned my other two at 16 months and 15 months.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Didn't. He did it all on his own at around two.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I didn't night wean him, he stopped waking to nurse on his own around 18 months, I believe...Sometimes if he wakes to go potty, he will want to be nursed back to sleep-this happens 1-2 times a week. Also he still nurses to sleep at 25 months, but I will allow him to do so until he decides he no longer needs it. :-)
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Ds is 19 months old now, and despite the fact that I barely have any milk at 28 weeks pregnant, he still nurses a few times a night every night. We tried night weaning a while back, but it just didn't work. Hopefully he night weans himself by the time the baby comes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I hit my wall around 18 months with my youngest 3; my oldest was totally weaned by 15 months so I can't count him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)