Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Sex after baby

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 21 Replies
So my baby is 3 months old and after he was born, I completely lost my sex drive. Has this happened to anyone else? Could it be the hormones from breastfeeding?
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Hormones, yeah, it sucks.
BellaBlue92
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM
How long does it last? Does anything help to try and get it back? Lol

Quoting Precious333:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:55 AM
I tell dh that i need him to take the initiative and i never regret sex afterwards even if i never am really in the mood. After my cycle came back is when my sex drive was in full gear lol, its definitely hormones for my case, not breastfeeding.

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting Precious333:

BellaBlue92
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Okay thanks for the advice haha :)

Quoting Precious333:

I tell dh that i need him to take the initiative and i never regret sex afterwards even if i never am really in the mood. After my cycle came back is when my sex drive was in full gear lol, its definitely hormones for my case, not breastfeeding.

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting Precious333:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Welcome :)

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Okay thanks for the advice haha :)

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Quoting Precious333:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Completely normal. It lasts as long as it lasts. For some women that's five minutes. For others it's a year or more.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:11 AM
3 moms liked this
Your body is aware that you are spending resources sustaining a baby and realizes the biological cost of making another baby. While your logical brain might wish for that intimacy your hormonal/brain can't be so easily convinced yet. I could barely be convinced at all before 6 months and after that, it still took a glass of wine to get the "mommy" in my head to take a break. ;-)
lucyblue202
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:22 AM
My daughter is a little over 3 months old and I am in the same boat. :( it sucks. I think it is just hormone changes. I had the same problem throughout my whole pregnancy as well and was really hoping to get my sex drive back after giving birth but hasn't happened yet... Still waiting. Damn hormones
BellaBlue92
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Same! I had no interest in it while I was pregnant and all of my co workers said they were the complete opposite. It sucks! Haha.

Quoting lucyblue202:

My daughter is a little over 3 months old and I am in the same boat. :( it sucks. I think it is just hormone changes. I had the same problem throughout my whole pregnancy as well and was really hoping to get my sex drive back after giving birth but hasn't happened yet... Still waiting. Damn hormones

lucyblue202
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Yes it does! You're not alone :/

Quoting BellaBlue92:

Same! I had no interest in it while I was pregnant and all of my co workers said they were the complete opposite. It sucks! Haha.

Quoting lucyblue202:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)