Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

So many troubles

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
So my list of bfing issues:

Clicking while nursing
Fussing at the breast
Pulling off
Refusing the breast
Gagging and choking and then not able to catch her breath until I sit her up and get her to stop holding her breath
She seems excessively fussy even between feedings

BUT she's emptying the breast, pooping and peeling great. Growing. And I have no pain.

I can not figure this out. Tougne and lip tie have been checked for multiple times. Her latch LOOKS perfect. I had to have a LC help me with that in the beginning and it's the same as it was then. I planned on seeing if it fixed itself in a week or so in case it's a growth spurt thing (she's 6 weeks) but idk if I should just call now or not
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM
It sounds exactly like overactive letdown, textbook case actually. :) http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/fast-letdown/
Ptitchou
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:50 PM
This!

Quoting K8wizzo:

It sounds exactly like overactive letdown, textbook case actually. :) http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/fast-letdown/

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Yeah, mama, all those are what happens with over active letdown.

Try nursing reclined or laying on your side
Blockfeed to slow down production, nurse one side only for several nursinf sessions or a givenamount of hours.

Hang in there :)
rjmac88
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM
This is nuts!! I've had low supply issues and having trouble letting down at all with my other 3 babies. But reading more.. This is exactly it! I'm glad it's something I can work with!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Sounds like OAL and that can be worked with....glad its the opposite from your other kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)