Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

pulling off

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM
  • 10 Replies
What could it mean if baby pulls off, and then relatches repeatedly(and angrily) toward the END of a feed? I can still squeeze out milk fairly easy so I am not "empty" (well low where she has to work too hard). But that's what she acts like- that I'm empty. I just hooked up the pump and still have decent flow so not sure. Maybe she is done? She's content even though I put her down when she still was trying to latch (I normally don't do that but wanted to test flow with pump). Any ideas?
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Is baby nearing 3 weeks or 6 weeks? That's pretty typical growth spurt behavior.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Ah ok! She is almost 4 weeks. Thanks! Anything I can do to help the angry little miss?

Quoting K8wizzo:

Is baby nearing 3 weeks or 6 weeks? That's pretty typical growth spurt behavior.
Edenpeden
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM
My son is two months, and he does it sometimes because he's fighting sleep. I pull him off and rock him instead or shush him. Lately I've been giving him a pacifier. Just make sure your baby is established on the breast and not still hungry before you do that I guess
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM
It's one of those things that you just have to get through. Sometimes dancing or rocking while wearing my boys helped them through it.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Ah ok! She is almost 4 weeks. Thanks! Anything I can do to help the angry little miss?

Quoting K8wizzo:

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM

My son used to do that, and I thought he was just playing. He could have been fighting sleep, also. Either way, it was just a phase that lasted a week or so.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Pretty normal for the age. This is just something you have to weather.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I always just picked up my babies and burped them and then tried to see if they wanted to nurse any more.
Steph925
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I haven't had that problem till recently. My baby is 6 months old. She does is mostly at night
amandaut99
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Mine does that when she wants to suck but is full. She doesn't like pacifiers all the time but she will always take my finger. If she sucks hard on my finger nonstop then I know she is still hungry. If it is soft and intermittent then I know she just wants to suck for comfort. Rocking helps if she is ready to go to sleep. 

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Mine does that when she needs to burp :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN