Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

not digesting properly

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 43 Replies
I read an article online about Autumns stool and it has me very worried. I just changed her diaper and it was poo and spinach. Spinach looked like how i fed it to her. We ate spinach 2 or so days ago and its now just coming out. So it states it might be a digestive problem. I noticed carrots too come out whole. Anyone have exp with this? Im callin doc monday but she probably say then stop feeding her adult food and give her pureed baby food.

This was the site
http://m.voices.yahoo.com/spotting-undigested-food-babys-stools-5188435.html
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I wouldn't worry about it... that's pretty common at her age. Purees come through looking just like they did when they went in, too.
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Not that I'm n expert but she's probably fine. She's still very young with a young digestive system, maybe just offer less solids less often for a few more months. That's what I would do :)
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM
I rarely feed her food. Once every week or so.

Quoting jmaw89:

Not that I'm n expert but she's probably fine. She's still very young with a young digestive system, maybe just offer less solids less often for a few more months. That's what I would do :)

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Have you ever pooped out corn kernels? It's normal. It would be an issue if you were relying on solids for nutrition because she's not digesting it, but it's completely normal.
And you don't have to call the doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM
100% normal. I would be more worried if it didn't show back up, lol. I joke with DH that at this age there really isn't any hiding what you have fed them because it comes back out the same way it goes in. The only difference I noticed with puréed food was its color. Green beans made DS1's poop green, sweet potato made it orange and so on.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Very normal. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:16 PM
And no she doesn't need to be fed puree food, I wouldn't even go to the doctors for it to be honest. Every baby I know has pooped out food looking the same as it went in lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I have never popped out kernals. Sounds very painful. I stopped eating popcorn because the orange part always gets stuck in my teeth.

Quoting polkaspots:

Have you ever pooped out corn kernels? It's normal. It would be an issue if you were relying on solids for nutrition because she's not digesting it, but it's completely normal.

And you don't have to call the doctor.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Lol colors of the rainbow!

Quoting shortyali:

100% normal. I would be more worried if it didn't show back up, lol. I joke with DH that at this age there really isn't any hiding what you have fed them because it comes back out the same way it goes in. The only difference I noticed with puréed food was its color. Green beans made DS1's poop green, sweet potato made it orange and so on.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM
She just may not be ready for those things yet. Your milk is still all the nourishment she needs through a year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)