Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I am sure I am getting sick..... ****** EDIT******* uugghhh

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

Please give me some advise on how I can take the right precautions on keeping the baby from getting sick. My throat is getting sore, and I am getting achy between my shoulder blades. 

Because he is bf it is possible he won't get sick right?

ANY advise is good advise, please help me keep Arjun well and healthy.

i did post before when he was born , I tight I was getting sick and I didn't, but it wasn't the same symptoms. 

Thanks again girls

********* EDIT********

hi girls... Well I got thru my cold, with a fever and all, without my little one getting sick.. Now it has been since Friday I haven't felt sick at all.. But guess what, I am feeling body aches again, and pain in my throat and ear when I swallow... I feel like I am failing my son... I am not sleeping enough and when I am sick I am barely holding him and giving him affection.. And because of the tiredness and sickness, I just don't feel happy and jolly like mommies are with their LO's. 

im not even going outside unless absolutely nessasary, and I am the only one getting sick. Granted I don't want anyone else getting sick, I just don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong, and am deathly afraid of getting Arjun sick

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM
There's nothing you can do to completely prevent the spread of disease unless you quarantine yourself. The best thing you can do is pay attention to your body. Eat when you're hungry, drink plenty of fluids, make sure you're eating healthy, taking vitamins (if you take them). Honey is good for sore throats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Corinnesingh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Quoting polkaspots:

There's nothing you can do to completely prevent the spread of disease unless you quarantine yourself. The best thing you can do is pay attention to your body. Eat when you're hungry, drink plenty of fluids, make sure you're eating healthy, taking vitamins (if you take them). Honey is good for sore throats.

Thank you..

i know there is no preventing sickness, I guess I was hoping it was true that bf babies are less likely to get sick from mommy....

CafeMom Tickers
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Just keep nursing. Keep your hands clean. Those two things are your single best defenses. He's already been as exposed as possible, and was before you had symptoms.

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
It is true, just not for everybody and I have no way of knowing if your lo is going to get sick or not, lol. For me, DH gets the rest of us sick. The kids and I will be sniffly for a day or so and then a week later we'll get it again as he's getting better. But only one of my kids is bf.

Quoting Corinnesingh:

Quoting polkaspots:

Thank you..

i know there is no preventing sickness, I guess I was hoping it was true that bf babies are less likely to get sick from mommy....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, breastfed babies are always less likely to get sick. But they still can get sick.

Corinnesingh
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

Yes, breastfed babies are always less likely to get sick. But they still can get sick.

Yeah, I kinda figured that, ...I just hate he is only 3 weeks old. I don't want him to suffer.

CafeMom Tickers
ccnstanczak
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM

i agree with above.

i got a NASTY bug when my dd was about 6 months old and ended up in ER for deyhydration. my mil and fil both got sick from just taking me to the er and my dd didnt even get a sniffle.

your little guy has been exposed so keep breastfeeding. wash your hands and gets lots of rest.

i hope you feel better soon.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Even if he does get sick, it shouldn't be as bad if you keep nursing him and keep yourself hydrated.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

nurse nurse nurse

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)