Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Why won't my milk come in anymore?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 20 Replies
Just got out of surgery and last I pumped was at 5 this morning and it's 2 now but my milk come out!!! Did I loose supply?! Worried!!
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mammabear18
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Bump!!
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM
How old is your baby? Do you normally pump?
mammabear18
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM
He's 9 weeks now and I don't "normally" pump but I have and never had issues. I pumped this morning and hot 6 ounces of milk. I was put under general anestisia today.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

How old is your baby? Do you normally pump?
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM
You may be dehydrated and not responding well to the pump due to the stress of the surgery and medications they gave you. Make sure to rest and drink lots and lots of fluids. Try again every couple of hours until you are back with baby.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM
It's possible the drugs are temporarily inhibiting your letdown but that should be clearing. You might be dehydrated. Keep up with your fluids and pump, or even better nurse, as often as you can. I'm sure it's temporary. Breastfeeding moms have surgery all the time and pick up breastfeeding where they left off.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Is baby with you? Try nursing directly instead of pumping.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Baby can get more milk out than the pump. Insist that baby be brought to you.
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM

The stimulation of nursing is much more effective than a pump. Are you back home?

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Quoting mostlymaydays:

It's possible the drugs are temporarily inhibiting your letdown but that should be clearing. You might be dehydrated. Keep up with your fluids and pump, or even better nurse, as often as you can. I'm sure it's temporary. Breastfeeding moms have surgery all the time and pick up breastfeeding where they left off.
This!! Your supply is not gone. Rest, hydrate, and nurse, nurse, nurse. Bring baby into bed with you and encourage constant nursing.
mammabear18
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I've been trying to nurse him but I'm in so much pain and don't wanna over do the vicodine for my sons sake...what is too much for me to take until I need to stop nursing?

Quoting Kathy489:

The stimulation of nursing is much more effective than a pump. Are you back home?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)