Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

in a lot of pain

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 8 Replies
I am glad that i have a drs appt tomorrow. My right boob is on fire. I think i have thrush, well the early stages of it. Then it doesnt help that im engorged on top of that. My other boob is starting to hurt as well. With ds i had clogged ducts, i can deal with that. This pain here is constant & very deep into my breast. :(

Last night i had to take a percocet ( left over from my c section ) & advil to get some what of a relief. This sucks. Sorry for the rant. :(
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
GwenGray
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I'm sorry you are going through that! I am blessed I have not had thrush in my breasts. Have you tried hot compresses, I could only guess that it hurts like hell to have baby drink out of that breast, or to pump, but honestly you should probably try pumping to help flush it out maybe.

daydreamer86
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Im doing it all. Ive never had thrush before either. Im just taking a wild guess since the symptoms are spot on. My daughter doesnt have white patches or anything. Thats why i think its early. It could be something else but i know im hurting.

Quoting GwenGray:

I'm sorry you are going through that! I am blessed I have not had thrush in my breasts. Have you tried hot compresses, I could only guess that it hurts like hell to have baby drink out of that breast, or to pump, but honestly you should probably try pumping to help flush it out maybe.

GwenGray
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I would keep doing that until you go to the doctor then see what he/she says and then obviously follow their directions lol. Good luck, hope you feel better!

Quoting daydreamer86:

Im doing it all. Ive never had thrush before either. Im just taking a wild guess since the symptoms are spot on. My daughter doesnt have white patches or anything. Thats why i think its early. It could be something else but i know im hurting.

Quoting GwenGray:

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I plan on enlisting into the army as soon as possible to serve my country and see some action. I have a great boy friend who loves my kids as much as I love them! If you are interested in belly dance or sword fighting but don't know where to start, go a head and ask me!

daydreamer86
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you

Quoting GwenGray:

I would keep doing that until you go to the doctor then see what he/she says and then obviously follow their directions lol. Good luck, hope you feel better!

Quoting daydreamer86:

Quoting GwenGray:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Please go to THIS link:

http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/thrush-resources/

The cures there WORK. Doc's cures are knwon to make thrush worse, "cut my darned breats off" kind of worse.

My personal therapy: Lotrimin AF on the nipples. Wipe off before feeding. Worked in 1 day.

daydreamer86
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Thank you. I was waiting to see what my dr thinks it is & i was going to get gentian violet or do a grape seed extract with coconut oil. I know that the drs stuff actually feeds the issue & not treat it.

Quoting gdiamante:

Please go to THIS link:

http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/thrush-resources/

The cures there WORK. Doc's cures are knwon to make thrush worse, "cut my darned breats off" kind of worse.

My personal therapy: Lotrimin AF on the nipples. Wipe off before feeding. Worked in 1 day.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

The "on fire" screams thrush. And probably an incipient case of mastitis as well.

Babies are often without symptoms.

daydreamer86
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Yeah :( im hoping its thrush because i hear mastitis sucks.

Quoting gdiamante:

The "on fire" screams thrush. And probably an incipient case of mastitis as well.

Babies are often without symptoms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)