Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I'll stop posting so much, I swear.

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 6 Replies

How much sleep is too much? The nurse said to call if baby (2 months) was lethargic. He has a bit of a cold. Congested, and he keeps getting choked on the drainage and puking/gagging. I've been posting about whether to wake him up or let him sleep, well last night we didn't have that choice to make. He woke up every 2-3 hours to eat and went right back to sleep. It's 10:31 a.m. right now, and he woke up to eat at 9 a.m. and had another choking and gagging episode and went right back to sleep. He hasn't been awake for more than 20 minutes since last night around 11 p.m. Is this considered lethargic or is he just sleeping because he doesn't feel good?

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Lethargy would mean you wouldn't be able to wake him and he wouldn't be nursing as vigorously as normal. At this point, he's probably just feeling crummy, but keep an eye on it.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry about posting too much. We only learn by asking questions.

Quoting Rae706:

How much sleep is too much? The nurse said to call if baby (2 months) was lethargic. He has a bit of a cold. Congested, and he keeps getting choked on the drainage and puking/gagging. I've been posting about whether to wake him up or let him sleep, well last night we didn't have that choice to make. He woke up every 2-3 hours to eat and went right back to sleep. It's 10:31 a.m. right now, and he woke up to eat at 9 a.m. and had another choking and gagging episode and went right back to sleep. He hasn't been awake for more than 20 minutes since last night around 11 p.m. Is this considered lethargic or is he just sleeping because he doesn't feel good?

He's sleeping because he doesn't feel good. Breastmilk in his nose to help clear up the congestion. It's like a miracle cure. Just express a little, put it in the nose via dropper. Congestion GONE.

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That is just sleeping.  :)  Not lethargic.

I tend to think of lethargic as weak, almost non-responsive, awake but not really 'there.'

Poor thing is probably worn out!

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

That's just sleeping.  You will *know* if he is lethargic.  And he wouldn't be waking himself up like that to eat.

Rae706
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I did that this morning with some that I have in the fridge. He hasn't needed anything in his nose since! Amazing! But I didn't know you aren't supposed to shake breastmilk. Does that have to be thrown out now or is it just not as good?

Quoting gdiamante:

Don't worry about posting too much. We only learn by asking questions.

Quoting Rae706:

He's sleeping because he doesn't feel good. Breastmilk in his nose to help clear up the congestion. It's like a miracle cure. Just express a little, put it in the nose via dropper. Congestion GONE.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
2 moms liked this

You don't have to throw it out. It breaks up nutrients but doesn't ruin it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN