Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pumped milk stash?? :-)

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:21 PM
  • 55 Replies

Do you have one? Post a pic please! This one is mine.

How many ounces do you have stashed?
What pump do you use?
When did you start pumping?
How do you store your stashed milk?
What do you do with your stash? Save for emergency, feedings while you're at work, occasional feedings, donation??
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeslieandBerlyn
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

One more :). I have 230 ounces stashed in nuk bags in 5 ounce increments. I used my medela pump in style advanced for a while until I discovered that usinh the manual medela harmony worked way better for me. I started pumping when my dd was 4 months old, originally for my nephew who is two months younger than my dd. He drank my breastmilk until it started to upset his belly. He has a sensitive stomach (which is why i was donating my milk to him) and my diet did not agree with him. Now I just keep it for emergencies or when I start working :) i worked too hard to just throw it out, if i have no need for it before it gets close to expiring I would like to find a local baby to donate it to, throygh eats on feets. Lets see all yours!! :-)
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I donated the last of my stash back in June to a mommy of a 4 month old little boy.  It was around 85oz.  No pics.  I stopped pumping back in feb/march.  

melindabelcher
by mel on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I don't pump unless I need to so no stash here
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM

My stash was five bags. Playtex drop ins, varied in content from one ounce to five ounces. Gone by day two back to work, never really replenished. Didn't need one.

1stTimeMom2bATL
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I'm a SAHM so I only pump if we are going to dinner/movie and leaving the lo with the grandparents for the evening. Don't really have the need for a stash, and honestly, I'm too lazy to go through the process of pumping and then washing all of the parts every morning lol.
1stTimeMom2bATL
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
But it's awesome that you are thinking of donating all of that milk! Such a sweet thing to do! :)
TaralynnStewart
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM
How do you pump and feed?!?

I've tried to build a stash (for emergency) but can't seem to get more than 3-4oz after nursing her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I don't have a stash anymore. It stopped being replenished when ds turned one. I'm planning on pumping daily once my milk comes in again. I need a new pump though. Mine is broken and has pieces missing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeslieandBerlyn
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM
That's awesome :)
How did you go about donating? Did you do it through eats of feets, or did you know the mother before??

Quoting audmom1218:

I donated the last of my stash back in June to a mommy of a 4 month old little boy.  It was around 85oz.  No pics.  I stopped pumping back in feb/march.  

LeslieandBerlyn
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I don't anymore either. My stash is built from about a month and a half of pumping.

Quoting melindabelcher:

I don't pump unless I need to so no stash here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)