Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nipple Pain.

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 5 Replies
My DD is 6 months. My right nipple is so sore. I see what might be a small blister on one side. I do not know what would cause this or how to fix it, but nursing her on my right side is painful. When she was firstborn, she was tongue-tied & it was my right side she destroyed. I'm wondering what's wrong with my right side!

Any ideas on how to fix this??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Breastmilk on the blister. At six months,. she may be teething and that could have caused the problem.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Yep, this.

Quoting gdiamante:

Breastmilk on the blister. At six months,. she may be teething and that could have caused the problem.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I don't think she's teething. She hasn't shown any symptoms & my others were 9 & 8 months when they got teeth.

I was looking & I think I have two blisters or something. One looks like a blood blister & maybe doesn't hurt too bad. & under it appears to be another something & it does hurt! It's red and has white in the middle. It almost looks like a pimple, but it's not. I wouldn't call it a blister either. I think that's what causing me pain though. What is a clogged milk duct? Could it be that? Also, it doesn't hurt when I pump--only when she nurses.

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
It might be a milk blister (bleb). You can look up treatment on kellymom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I think Amy called it right. Sounds like a milk blister. Info and treatment routine on kellymom.

Quoting lillybug222:

I don't think she's teething. She hasn't shown any symptoms & my others were 9 & 8 months when they got teeth.

I was looking & I think I have two blisters or something. One looks like a blood blister & maybe doesn't hurt too bad. & under it appears to be another something & it does hurt! It's red and has white in the middle. It almost looks like a pimple, but it's not. I wouldn't call it a blister either. I think that's what causing me pain though. What is a clogged milk duct? Could it be that? Also, it doesn't hurt when I pump--only when she nurses.

Quoting gdiamante:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN