Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

when did your baby start to sleep longer at nights?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 30 Replies
My one month old still wakes up every one to two hours. I make sure he is full too. I just wish he would sleep longer already!
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddiddlyumshis
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this
He's one month, hell do that for awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM

All babies are different, and very normal for breastfed babies to wake frequently to eat.

That said, since about 2 months mine has been sleeping about 7 hours. We're up to about 9 hours a night now (almost 5 months).

FlOrEs_21
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Ok just wondering bc I know my last son slept for four hours straight when he was this age then again he was formula fed. Im new at breastfeeding so idk whats really normal.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

He's one month, hell do that for awhile.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Dont' expect longer stretches for a long time, I'm afraid. Mine didn't get off the "every hour" kick till he was pretty close to six months. And at age 14 years he still doesn't sleep all night; spurts of about 3-4 hours and then he gets up for something or another. At least he's no longer getting up for horror-show nosebleeds!

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM
6 months. He still has night he is
Up every 2 hours.
hnischke
by Heather on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
My son was up every 1-2 hours until he was about 2mo. Then he started sleeping through the night until about 6mo. He's 13 mo and is up every 2-3 on a good night and every 30-45 minutes on a bad night.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
My second was up to nurse at least every two hours until about 2 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM
It depends on the child. My first one was up at night a lot until he was 2.5 years old. My second started sleeping through the night (defined as 5+ hours) around 12 months, my third started at two weeks, and so did my fourth. Except he nurses allllllllllll night when he is in a growth spurt, which would be now. So it just depends on the child.
SweetOrangeMama
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM
My son just started sleeping for at least 5 hours at a time but not every night. He will be 3 years old on Sunday.
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM

My youngest was doing 5 hours, easy, at a month... and 8 hours by 2 months.   My oldest was every 2 hours for over a year.   They're all different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN