Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help?!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 8 Replies
Ok, I had my baby Friday night and my milk came in Monday night. Diaper counts are great and she has a very strong suck. Here is my dilemma, she only nurses on one side per feeding and goes 2-4 hours between feedings (I try not to go more than 3 because I get very full). Usually she will eat for 15-20 minutes but sometimes it is 10-15. Should I be worried or is it ok because she is having plenty of diapers? Also will my supply adjust to her only doing one side per feeding because my opposite side gets engorged by the time she is ready to eat again. I have had to pump twice to relieve some of the pressure.
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Yes supply will adjust and as long as baby's diaper count is good and she is gaining weight, no worries.

Expect baby to 'wake up' more in the next few weeks & will probably nurse more.
TiniMama
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Diaper count is great. She already had 3 bm and 2 really wet diapers since midnight.

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Yes supply will adjust and as long as baby's diaper count is good and she is gaining weight, no worries.

Expect baby to 'wake up' more in the next few weeks & will probably nurse more.

gdiamante
by Gina on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Everything sounds fine.

Amycapl
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
My kids were/are both one side eaters. As long as she's westing diapers you're good
TiniMama
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
The shorter feedings are what worries me the most. If she didn't go at least 15 minutes I was afraid that maybe she wasn't eating enough. This is my second but with my first I failed miserably by 3 months and I want to avoid formula this time.

Quoting gdiamante:

Everything sounds fine.

TiniMama
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Good to know. I can't wait for my milk to adjust to that.

Quoting Amycapl:

My kids were/are both one side eaters. As long as she's westing diapers you're good

gdiamante
by Gina on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Please take one sledgehammer. Apply to your clocks. **grin**

She will vary her feeding times. Eventually she'll do 30-second drivebys!

Quoting TiniMama:

The shorter feedings are what worries me the most. If she didn't go at least 15 minutes I was afraid that maybe she wasn't eating enough. This is my second but with my first I failed miserably by 3 months and I want to avoid formula this time.

Quoting gdiamante:

Everything sounds fine.

TiniMama
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Thank you, that is exactly what I needed to hear

Quoting gdiamante:

Please take one sledgehammer. Apply to your clocks. **grin**

She will vary her feeding times. Eventually she'll do 30-second drivebys!

Quoting TiniMama:

Quoting gdiamante:

Everything sounds fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)