Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favoring one side already?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
Ds is 8 days old now and we've finally got our latch under control. YAY!!!!! But he will drain the left breast and only latch onto the right side for a minute. The right nipple is a little flatter and a little larger (maybe because I'm having to pump it to relieve engorgement). Any idea on how to get him to drain the other side?
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Try a different position, and do breast compressions while nursing. You might pump for swveral secods to bring that nipple out more or try a breast shell, worn in the bra between nursing sessions to bring it out.
KenzieQsMommy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Never heard of a brat shell, I'll look into one. As soon as I posted this he nursed a little out of that side. I massage my breasts when he feeds to increase flow since pedi told me to nurse more to get him over the slight jaundice. It seems like when I pump my nipple gets HUGE.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Try a different position, and do breast compressions while nursing. You might pump for swveral secods to bring that nipple out more or try a breast shell, worn in the bra between nursing sessions to bring it out.

KenzieQsMommy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Breast* shell LOL

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Never heard of a brat shell, I'll look into one. As soon as I posted this he nursed a little out of that side. I massage my breasts when he feeds to increase flow since pedi told me to nurse more to get him over the slight jaundice. It seems like when I pump my nipple gets HUGE.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)