Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 month old refusing bottle?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hello Ladies,

Just a quick question....  My DS is 10 months old and has been taking a bottle since he was born.  When he is with me he nurses but at daycare or with Dad he gets BM in bottles.  He has never had any problem with this.

Last week at daycare he started only taking 1-2 oz per bottle.  Ok no big deal.  He is still nursing like a champ.  This weekend while I was out he refused the bottle completely for Dad.  So far this week he is still only drinking a few oz for his teachers. 

He loves his table food and is eating three meals and a snack per day.  He does not understand how to use a sippy yet.   And of course is still nursing great.  What should his diaper count be per day?  Is this normal?  Guess I am just looking for some reassurance.  Thanks

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM
It's normal. You're wanting to see 4-5 diapers a day. If you aren't getting that many I would cut back on solids and encourage more nursing.
Thunderbug75
by Amanda on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Thank you!  That is what I thought but just wanted to check with the experts.  We are getting about 6 dirty diapers a day and that is not counting the poopy ones as two.  Guess we are doing good!

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

It's normal. You're wanting to see 4-5 diapers a day. If you aren't getting that many I would cut back on solids and encourage more nursing.

MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Sounds good to me!

Quoting Thunderbug75:

Thank you!  That is what I thought but just wanted to check with the experts.  We are getting about 6 dirty diapers a day and that is not counting the poopy ones as two.  Guess we are doing good!

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Hvae you tried a sippy instead?
Thunderbug75
by Amanda on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Hvae you tried a sippy instead?
We have tried several kinds but he just doesn't get them yet!
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM
He's fine! He knows where the good stuff is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thunderbug75
by Amanda on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM

smile 

Quoting aehanrahan:

He's fine! He knows where the good stuff is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)