Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you love about breastfeeding?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM
  • 22 Replies

A nice happy post for the rough spots!

milky new baby smell/breath.  haha I swear I keep inhaling my baby at night. It's hard to describe how he smells so good to me.

Adoreable contended little sighs and breathing.

Watching his eyes flutter to sleep or crinkle around the edges with smiles. 

When he's crying and someone brings him to me, and he instantly goes quiet on the nursing pillow, opens his mouth and starts working his tongue. 

Way less bottle washing except the times someone has to give him expressed milk.  No prepping or buying formula.  

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Not having to walk around with a gassy baby in the middle of the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agk395
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I'm not a huge fan of breastfeeding. I've had a lot of difficulties with it over the past few months and while I'm still putting in the effort, I still don't get much enjoyment from it besides the closeness. I might be the only one that feels this way.... but I'm just not a huge fan of it. Regardless, I'll do what I have to do.
ekh2010
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM

cheaper and easier

how it calms him and me most days also

the cuddles-cept lately hes been pinching...

FoxTales
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Well, I can say I do love the cost savings ;) and the convenience - everything is warmed and ready right away!

but what got me through tough nights with my second was knowing it was the best thing for her and I was giving her the best start in life.

Love the milk comas, too, the way she just collapses and snuggles in after she is content and satisfied.

and the happy, content little baby who wraps her fingers around my shirt and snuggles in to nurse. She also likes to wrap her arms around my boob and claim it as her own. She's a very sweet little nursling now that we have sorted out latch issues. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxTales
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
aaaand the fact that it helps with the rough teething and sick-nights! My son tended to bite, yes, but it was the only way to soothe him and get him back to sleep when he was teething badly... How I wish he hadn't self-weaned before getting his second set of molars!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
May-mom
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Oh gosh... everything!
I love his milkie breath, just smells so good!
The closeness.
When he smiles or laughs while nursing, seriously the cutest thing ever!
Being able to get him to sleep so easily
The savings and convenience.
Knowing I'm giving him the best start nutritionally, and when he's sick he still gets what he needs.
And everything all of the other Momma's mentioned!

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:24 AM
My favorite was the milky smiles!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuckyClover2413
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Breastfeeding has been a roller coaster ride for me, emotionally....but I decided a long time before I even got pregnant that I would do everything in my power to breastfeed for at least 1 year.  My son is 8 months old now, and I'm very proud to say that we're still going strong.  

My favorite things:  The pride I feel knowing that I'm giving him exactly what he needs for his body, brain and emotional development.  I also adore the times he is nice and snuggly, which happens less often now that he is so curious about the world around him!!  Breastfeeding helps me to really be in the moment....no rushing, no thinking about my to-do list....just focusing on my baby and enjoying the feel of him in my arms.  It's our special time.  As women, aren't we so blessed to have that amazing feeling?   Ok now I'm getting mushy..... :-)

MommyO2-6631
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the milky smiles, the ease, the snuggles.... really my favorite part is the comfort. I love that when he gets an Bowie "tea" makes him feel better instantly. And no IDK why he calls it "tea" lol
Edenpeden
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I love how I'm not up making bottles in the middle of the night. How he grabs onto my shirt or has his hand resting between my breasts, makes me know how safe and loved he feels. The way he stops mid suck to give me a loving look and a smile. and I really love how I persevered through the pain and can give him the best start through nutrition possible.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)