Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How can I enjoy a drink?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 14 Replies

Our 4 year anniversery is coming up and it would be nice to enjoy an adult beverage or two! I EBF so how can I have a drink or two?

Pump it and dump it? It's hard to go a long time without feeding or pumping for the relief, so I guess I just don't know what to do during that time or how long to wait to feed again?

Thanks! =]

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
austinsmama1106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:20 PM
3 moms liked this
safe to drive safe to nurse! enjoy a drink
ParanormalSarah
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Pump, drink, enjoy water after your buzz passes, nurse an hour later. The alcohol is mostly processed through your liver and very little passes if you wait an hour.
Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Do what I did, feed said baby right before you leave/start drinking that way you'll have the most amount of time between to help process it.

I took ds to Olive Garden today nursed him and had some Roscato right after he was done :)
mamabens
by Miranda on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM

oe or two drinks is fine, just not wasted. i often sip a drink WHILE nursing. safe to drive is safe to nurse

JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I drink a glass of wine or two on occasion.  Safe to drive, safe to nurse!

K8wizzo
by Kate on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Step one, drink. Step two, enjoy. Nurse as you need to, no need to pump and dump.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Just drink it. No special needs here. Don't get stinko drunk. That is all. You may nurse immediately.

Safe to drive safe to nurse.

By the way... do not waste your money on those test strips. They give false readings. Just pour your glass, drink. Generations of French, Italian and German women are laughing at us Americans and our paranoia. **grin**

mrs.ramirez
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM

First drink is a freebie (and of course follow guidelines, 4oz is a glass of wine...not 12 ozs lol) Generally allow an hour to pass after every drink beyond that.

If you are worried about engorgment after a missed feeding, you can pump while feeding LO a bottle. That helps keep your supply up, as well. 

AlwaysKISA
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Just go for it :-) have fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

Just drink it. No special needs here. Don't get stinko drunk. That is all. You may nurse immediately.

Safe to drive safe to nurse.

By the way... do not waste your money on those test strips. They give false readings. Just pour your glass, drink. Generations of French, Italian and German women are laughing at us Americans and our paranoia. **grin**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)