Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How to end night nursing....if possible lol

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
My dd is 15 months. She only nurses at night (still like a newborn 3-4 times) any advice on how to get her to slack off? We also co-sleep. Some nights she will not go back to sleep after nursing which I thinking due to cutting teeth but we have a bouncer that she sleeps in. When she sleeps in the bouncer she will sleep all night. I honestly think if I could get her to sleep alone she would sleep all night I just don't know how to do it. Any advice?
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:33 PM

have you tried side carring the crib?

lucaslexie
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:36 PM
No ....I honestly am not ready to stop co sleeping. My 4 yr old is also in our bed. ( i love it ). Do you think she will eventually stop on her own.
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Quoting lucaslexie:

No ....I honestly am not ready to stop co sleeping. My 4 yr old is also in our bed. ( i love it ). Do you think she will eventually stop on her own.

Yes, she will eventually stop on her own. However, if you want to stop the night nursing, or even just decrease it a bit, this article ahs some great suggestions on nightweaning a toddler who shares your bed!

http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Try offering to nurse more during the day.
lucaslexie
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:37 AM
We only nurse at night. She is weaned from the day.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Is her not nursing during the day anymore considered progress? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm curious. For us, his nursing less and less at night was progress, even though he nurses every few hours during the day time. He's a few months older than yours, but I'm trying to avoid the night nursing entirely and the easiest way for us is to have him sleep somewhere other than next to me. So if you don't want to stop nursing entirely I'd nurse during the daytime, and for not nursing during the night I'd have someone else(who's not lactating) sleep next to him.

Quoting lucaslexie:

We only nurse at night. She is weaned from the day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
702layla
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:37 AM

I am in the same boat!  My guy is just about 15 months and all of a sudden quit nursing during the day and only at night while he is asleep.  We also bed share and love it.  He will not nurse at all during the day, not sure how I feel about it.  I thought he would go longer.  At night he won't even nurse to bed but once he is asleep and stirs he will nurse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN