Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding & Sex drive...

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:26 AM
  • 32 Replies

So I'm curious as to how other breastfeeding moms "sex drive" was/is. Seriously mines in the tanker. I really don't have much desire for anything like that. It could be because my brain is "kids, kids, kids..." everyday. And honestly at the end of the day after dishes, laundry, feedings, diapers, potty training, cleaning, more diapers etc. I am just ready for bed. I asked my doctor at my 6 week about it and she says it's normal. Or a normal form of "birth control" that I am breastfeeding so my body is sendin the message to me that its not time to have more babies yet. SO anyone who's comfortable discussing have at it. I just don't know if I'm not normal or if it is normal to feel like this. 

Tried explaining it to my SO but I might as well have told him I am just not attracted to him anymore (which is not the case at all) but that's how he took it. I'd love to be able to tell him LOOK I am not the only woman who has or did go through this stage. lol. 

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Sorry. My sex drive isn't normally high, but I only lost it for a few days after childbirth. That was probably because of the pain. We were having sex again as soon as I thought it wouldn't be excruciatingly horrible...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaBlue92
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM
You are not alone! I posted something like this a few weeks ago. I have no interest in sex, and I don't even have multiple kids to worry about, I just have my 3 month old! He's almost 4 months and still, no desire to have sex. My SO is the same way, thinks I'm just not attracted to him anymore. He's become more accepting of it though. I still try to do things to please him though, but I'm not into it and we both know it.
ballerina.2006
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:46 AM
This is #3 and my only to be ebf (he's 3 months). I normally have an INSANELY high sex drive and we've dtd maybe 5 times since baby was born. Dh is fairly ok with it though. It sucks for him most of the time but he understands.
lilsirsmomma
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:50 AM
My baby is 6 mos and its been about 8 mos here. I am on depo which can kill your sex drive too. But really I am just too busy. I just don't think about it.
sweetieiv
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:54 AM
I am on the same boat. I just don't want it. Plus I work full time so by the end of my day I have worked, cleaned, cooked, done laundry, changed diapers, bathed 2 kids and if I'm lucky bathed myself, so yeah the last thing on my mind is sex. My husband seems to want it more though.
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:00 AM
I'm breast feeding #4 at the moment and have never had it affect my sex drive (which is insanely high) I understand the 'mother mode' as I call it, which I feel as soon as they get up til the minute the last 1 falls to sleep at night. But the time between then and when DD14 months wakes for her first feed of the night (about 12:30am) is our adult time!! Lol. And I make the most of it ;)
amberlavine
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Ahh exactly. It's even nice to know there is someone else out there who knows the feeling! My doctor also said to me most men need to have sex to feel loved and that most women need to feel loved to have sex. I surely need more non sexual affection. It's pretty much disappeared for now :( Gosh I hope it doesn't last forever because honestly I'd choose breast feeding over sex if it came down to choices. But idk I wish he was more accepting of the situation and would at least try to understand it more. 

Quoting BellaBlue92:

You are not alone! I posted something like this a few weeks ago. I have no interest in sex, and I don't even have multiple kids to worry about, I just have my 3 month old! He's almost 4 months and still, no desire to have sex. My SO is the same way, thinks I'm just not attracted to him anymore. He's become more accepting of it though. I still try to do things to please him though, but I'm not into it and we both know it.

amberlavine
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:15 AM

My DD is my second child (4 months old) but the first to be EBF. It wasn't like this with our first, my DS. But he was basically switched to formula by 3 months and I wasn't on birth control either. Maybe that could be a contributing factor too. Makes me think breastfeeding really does effect that area. I like the abbreviation dtd too, I'll be using that from now on lol. 

Quoting ballerina.2006:

This is #3 and my only to be ebf (he's 3 months). I normally have an INSANELY high sex drive and we've dtd maybe 5 times since baby was born. Dh is fairly ok with it though. It sucks for him most of the time but he understands.

amberlavine
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Oh boy lol I think we have a winner! I started the Depo shot at my 6 week check-up! Never been on it before and was never on it after our first child was born. Along with breastfeeding, uhg, did not know that about the shot. Well effective birth control then. I just can't seem to remember a pill everyday and I really don't want anymore children anytime soon. Honestly, the only reason I think about it is because it's constantly brought up and makes me think about it. But something like that shouldn't be stressful or pushed either. 

Quoting lilsirsmomma:

My baby is 6 mos and its been about 8 mos here. I am on depo which can kill your sex drive too. But really I am just too busy. I just don't think about it.

amberlavine
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Being a mama to 2 is tough work, wouldn't trade it for anything but it does get exhausting!! I am a stay at home mom for right now so you working full time too I don't know how you do it! 

Quoting sweetieiv:

I am on the same boat. I just don't want it. Plus I work full time so by the end of my day I have worked, cleaned, cooked, done laundry, changed diapers, bathed 2 kids and if I'm lucky bathed myself, so yeah the last thing on my mind is sex. My husband seems to want it more though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)