Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the unthinkable has happened.

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 23 Replies

Ok its not the UNTHINKABLE and deffinately not the end of the world but I need help.

I work full time and today I am at work from 9:30am to 7pm and I forgot my breast pump at work. I don't know what I am going to do. Nobody can bring it to me and I live 30 minutes away from work so I can't just drive home and get it. I was in a hurry to get to work this morning and I think I left my pump in the kitchen table lol. I brought my insulated bag with a freeze pack only lol. I have no idea how to express my milk. I am no where near a walmart or any other store I can buy a cheap pump at. it is now about to be 12pm and the last time I pumped was 9am. so I need to do something soon because I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. help me please.

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddiddlyumshis
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Hand express into... A baggie? Lol.

Or go get that cheap pump.
Idk. I've been there but worked an hour from home, with no stores within decent driving time, and wasted milk by expressing into a toilet at work hahah
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
To hand express you kind of massage and squeeze. I went from the chest to nipple, if that makes sense. Honestly idk how much you will be able to get. I only hand expressed when 1) I had a clogged duct 2) when I was weaning dd and I just needed to relieve the engorgement. Good luck, outside of that I can't help you :-(
iSMILEheCRIES
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

wow, that sucks.  (this would be me nearly daily though if I had to remember to grab it every day).  To hand express just get a cup and hang over the cup so breast is pointed down ward.  Then basically rub downward, start high up and rub and press downward.  Every woman has a different "method".  You might only get enough to relieve the pressure but that is a start!

MaryJarrett
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
BTDT! Hand express into a cup/bowl and then pour into your bags.
sweetieiv
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I meant to say I am not near a store so I can't even buy a cheap pump :( how does one hand express? I have never done it. I will probably waste it too because I don't have baggies with me either.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Hand express into... A baggie? Lol.

Or go get that cheap pump.

Idk. I've been there but worked an hour from home, with no stores within decent driving time, and wasted milk by expressing into a toilet at work hahah

sweetieiv
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I don't have any bags either. I forgot the most important things. Gosh. I was just thinking would it be ok if I save the milk in a clean water bottle? I have water here and I can drink the water and use the empty bottle.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

ceckyl
by Kyla on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM
This. Once you get the Rhythm down, hand expression is quite easy. Youtube a video.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

MaryJarrett
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I would! That's a good idea! Just let it dry out first.

Quoting sweetieiv:

I don't have any bags either. I forgot the most important things. Gosh. I was just thinking would it be ok if I save the milk in a clean water bottle? I have water here and I can drink the water and use the empty bottle.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

ceckyl
by Kyla on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Perfectly fine.

Quoting sweetieiv:

Quoting MaryJarrett:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Oct. 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Got a bottle of water? hand express into th empty bottle!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)