Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

BF makes me angry and irritable

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 14 Replies

Most of the time when I breastfeed, I feel angry and irritable. It's worse in the evening when baby is nursing more frequently. It's kind of like D-MER but not exactly the same, because the angry feelings continue after the nursing session, and idoing coincide with letdown - as far as I can tell, since I don't feel letdown anymore.

My current nursling is almost 8 months, and I remember feeling the same way with my recently weaned 2.5 year old.

Does this happen to anyone else? How do you deal with it? I'm looking at ways to naturally raise dopamine levels, and weaning isn't an option for me so I would love to hear any other potential solutions.

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Yes.
Geeting more sleep, more space for myself and just simply taking care of myself helped, and.setting limits for the older child
If it continues and it doesnt get better i.personally would l would considet weaning. Its better to protect your relationship wih your child than to keep nursing. I had to make that hard decision sevetal times, i always went as long as i could, but knew my limit. I also found that they coukd get thier needs met withour nursing. I hope those suggestions help you. Big hugs!!!
Momma2013
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Weaning at 8 months though?

OP - I'm sorry and do hope you find come kind of comfort, I'm going to google to see if I can find anything for you, will link if I do. Good luck. I've never felt that and don't understand it. Going on 8.5 months with my son, and he's still EBF. :(

Quoting Precious333:

Yes.
Geeting more sleep, more space for myself and just simply taking care of myself helped, and.setting limits for the older child
If it continues and it doesnt get better i.personally would l would considet weaning. Its better to protect your relationship wih your child than to keep nursing. I had to make that hard decision sevetal times, i always went as long as i could, but knew my limit. I also found that they coukd get thier needs met withour nursing. I hope those suggestions help you. Big hugs!!!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM
No, i said, or meant to say, weaning the 21 month.old, or setting limits. Tandem.nursing is hard work!

Quoting Momma2013:

OP - I'm sorry and do hope you find come kind of comfort, I'm going to google to see if I can find anything for you, will link if I do. Good luck. I've never felt that and don't understand it. Going on 8.5 months with my son, and he's still EBF. :(

Quoting Precious333:

Yes.

Momma2013
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I don't think she is, she said it's the same feeling as before she weaned the 2 yr old :)

I bet it is - I think it's hard just nursing 1! :)

Quoting Precious333:

No, i said, or meant to say, weaning the 21 month.old, or setting limits. Tandem.nursing is hard work!

Quoting Momma2013:

Quoting Precious333:

Yes.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh. Sorry, reread it! Oops!

Quoting Momma2013:

I don't think she is, she said it's the same feeling as before she weaned the 2 yr old :)

I bet it is - I think it's hard just nursing 1! :)

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting Momma2013:

Quoting Precious333:

Yes.

Momma2013
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Kinda sounds like Breastfeeding Agitation, not dmer but similar... Check out the link, I'm at work and don't really have too much time but hope this helps! Stay strong momma!

http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/lv/lvaugsep03p90.html

redhead-bedhead
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Could you be pregnant?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I'm thinking the same as redhead... maybe you're pregnant again?

Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Probably not. I've been testing every few weeks, and just took one a few days ago. It's been an ongoing issue for me too.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Could you be pregnant?

Mrs.Salz
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for your help!

Quoting Momma2013:

Kinda sounds like Breastfeeding Agitation, not dmer but similar... Check out the link, I'm at work and don't really have too much time but hope this helps! Stay strong momma!

http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/lv/lvaugsep03p90.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN